What's new

Orange [Update: More Screens 11/9/2010]

Jer

Strata Poster
Time for my next ride, A B&M hyper based loosely on Nitro. Orange is 230ft tall with a top speed of around 80mph. Not to much else to say, I am a little worried of the shape of the drop, I can never seem to get it correct, any feedback on that?

orange101104012823000.png

orange101104012844001.png

A

Anonymous

Looks pretty good so far, but the pullout of the first drop looks pumpy to me...

Xpress

Strata Poster
^Yeah, that.

For the top half, get a parabola, and shape it from there to just below halfway down the drop, then begin shaping the bottom of it using a circle. Then you can go from there.

Otherwise, not much to comment on.

Jer

Strata Poster
Some new screens, I edited the drop it's glass smooth now, as is most of the track.

orange101105092410000.png

orange101105092426001.png

nealbie

CF Legend
Well, it's certainly..... Orange! :lol:

The first hill looks a bit too close in height to that of the lift hill for my liking, but other than that (and it being orange) - looks pretty fun from what you've done :p

Xpress

Strata Poster
That first hill isn't parabolic enough for my taste. And (this is just a wild ass guess) the second hill looks the same too...? :?

That turn looks hella fun :D

RCF

Strata Poster
Yeah something just seems off about the second hill. Like Xpress said it's not as parabolic.

Jer

Strata Poster
More screens, The turn around started as a failed attempt as a hammerhead but I really ended up liking it.

orange101105171159000.png

orange101105171214001.png

orange101105171229002.png

RCF

Strata Poster
Like I said, I really like the layout, and I can't wait after it's all supported so I can ride it.

Jer

Strata Poster
^I'm only going to be running 2 trains, (though the though of that made me laugh a bit) But I cant imagine with 2 trains even I e-stop a train would be stuck on that block. If it bothers you that much I could put a splash guard next to it, because I cant be bothered to redo the ending.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
The layout is nice, but it's fairly standard. Changing the color of the water splash is a nice touch though.

Jer

Strata Poster
Supporting has begun. I haven't done a B&M in a long time, does this hill look improperly or under supported? I'm using larger size 4 supports, and the laterals will be size 3

orange101108193938000.png

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
You need one more support in the middle of the two large ones you have now.

I'm more concerned with the brake run behind the hill. Both the turn into the brakes and the drop out of the brakes don't look steep enough.