What's new

'One of the leading, global theme park owners' to enter $120m ride contract with Empire Industries

Who?

• Total voters

Bert2theSpark

Mega Poster
So on Dynamic Attractions website recently put out an article about a 4 year contract with 'One of the leading, global theme park owners' of $120 million US Dollars.
WINNIPEG, May 19, 2017 – Empire Industries Ltd. (TSX-V: EIL) today reported that it has received a USD$ 120 million, multi-year, multi-theme park ride system series of contracts with one of the leading, global theme park owners. These contracts will largely be executed over the next 4 years from the company’s Vancouver-based design and manufacturing facilities as well as their Attractions Development Center.

“Our company has invested heavily in building our ride system engineering and manufacturing capacity and today’s announcement proves that the investment is working,” said Guy Nelson, CEO of Empire Industries. “Our strategy continues to focus on building the creative and technical resources to help select customers design and build the best attractions in the world. This strategy addresses a rapidly growing consumer market, demanding shared entertainment experiences that simply can’t be experienced at home.”

About Empire Industries Ltd.

Empire Industries Ltd. manufactures highly specialized engineered products and sells these products domestically and in select international export markets. The company has developed, designed and engineered products for the rapidly growing, global, Media-based Attractions market and works with specific clients in this market to execute highly specialized ride systems. Empire’s common shares are listed on the TSX Venture Exchange under the symbol EIL.
So the million pound question is who? Disney, Nope it's one of the biggest. Merlin, I'll get on to them in a sec. Universal, could be. OCT, Unlikely Dynamic do flas/Dark Rides and OCT seem to invest alot in B&M's and GCI's. Six Flags? Ha ha. Nope, No chance.

So it's either Merlin or Universal but I think it's Merlin, Without Over-Speculating it's most likely Merlin as they are starting to build more and more dark rides and we all know they love 'World's First's' and the SFX Coaster has loads of potential 'World's First' elements.

But what do you guys think about this?

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Wanda? Already appears they are building anew SFX at one of their parks. Although not sure I'd call them global theme park wise despite the fact they certainly are global as a larger mother company

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
About Empire Industries Ltd.

Empire Industries Ltd. manufactures highly specialized engineered products and sells these products domestically and in select international export markets. The company has developed, designed and engineered products for the rapidly growing, global, Media-based Attractions market and works with specific clients in this market to execute highly specialized ride systems. Empire’s common shares are listed on the TSX Venture Exchange under the symbol EIL.

Is it just me, or does this paragraph say literally nothing about what these people do? "Highly specialized engineered products" can cover practically anything from vegetables to rocket engines these days. Heck, even ballpoint pens involve a surprising amount of specialized engineering to manufacture.

Also, I wouldn't completely rule out Parques Reunidos in that poll. They're quite big park owners too, even if they don't do anything with them. Then again, it would be totally unlike them to spend hundreds of millions of dollars on anything, let alone rides, unless they're bulk buying rides for every park for the next several decades.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Not a chance.

Wanda. The end. There's a ride already under development/construction in Guangzhou for a start. They've done very little so far with dark rides, so need to do something with that if they want to really compete with Fantawild. And they've got multiple parks still in the development stage which could easily incorporate new rides.

Lofty

CF Legend
Wanda also announced that they're starting to move towards Europe with proposed new parks opening in Thailand and India, they're calling it like "The Golden Road" or something, basically, their road over to Europe. They're also working closely with a few multimedia companies that are European based to develop new immersive attractions, not to mention the huge cash force behind the company - all of this leads me to think it's them.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Wanda. The end. There's a ride already under development/construction in Guangzhou for a start. They've done very little so far with dark rides, so need to do something with that if they want to really compete with Fantawild. And they've got multiple parks still in the development stage which could easily incorporate new rides.

Makes sense. Besides, as I mentioned in my previous post, the company appears to have a fondness for using many words without saying anything, so it makes sense for them not to identify Wanda. Nobody in the Anglosphere would know who they are, anyway, so "One of the leading global theme park operators" is apparently the most marketable way to talk about them.

Alaeriia

Roller Poster
Six Flags is busy building cheap "coasters" at all their parks.
Cedar Fair is busy attempting to singlehandedly clog up RMC's pipeline.
Parques Reunidos doesn't do huge ride deals.
Merlin? Maybe. It fits their "OMG GIMMICXZ" style.
Universal is busy stifling polercoasters and shoving Harry Potter down our throats.
Walibi doesn't have the money.
Herschend is busy fixing Lightning Rod.
OCT is busy neglecting their current parks.
Fantawild is busy clogging up Gravity Group's pipeline, but they might switch gears.
Wanda is quite likely.
Legoland? An SFX coaster package could work well for them.

My top 3 bets are (in order): Wanda, Merlin, Fantawild.