What's new

Olympia-Looping at London's German Christmas Market

pitchnoir

Mega Poster
From what ive heard sources are saying it is on its way. saying that its not on the roster for Winterdom Hamburg

joys of google translate from a source an i know its sweet f a to go on but live in hope an all;

The roller coaster in Vienna debut was a big, but pleasant surprise, and in September the coaster will as always be built on the Oktoberfest in Munich (17 / 09-02 / 10). Then the job will go to the north of Germany to visit the fair Bremen (14 / 10-30 / 10). While fans thought that Olympia Looping did this fair towards the Winterdom Hamburg, the big fair that takes place annually in the winter and where the roller coaster was already more often, it now appears that it is not on the list.

The rumors and signs that Olympia Looping will settle impossible to ignore this year's big winter carnival in London. Several German carnival fans speak with certainty and also a Facebook page of Winter Wonderland himself hinted earlier that they will focus this year on major attractions. If the rumors are true, then it would explain why the coaster is not going to Hamburg. Moreover, Barth showed his willingness to do risky things with his star roller coaster when he left him for months in the Prater Park.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Whilst there's nowt official from the guys who own it, or Winter Wonderland, there is a schedule for the coaster online, that has it down for being at Hyde Park!

coasterfriend

Roller Poster
You can find the drawing of the 2016 site plan here (the planning portal of westminster):
- go to the planning portal of westminster
- press search now
- search winter wonderland
- the first result should be the application of 2016
- there are several files attached
- klick on 24 documents
- the drawing shows the site plan with a new attraction (85m x 36m --->footprint of OL)

Why I'm not allowed to post the direct URL or a picture of the site plan?

Smithy

Strata Poster
It takes a couple of posts (I think five) before new members can post links etc... Spam prevention.

Wonder if this touring schedule is leading the gossip or being led by the gossip.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Ben said:
Ugh, now all the basics are going to ride something they don't deserve.

Lesson here for them is wait around long enough and something good will be delivered to you.

Guilty as charged :p

mouse said:
If this turns out to be true will there be some kind of CF meet up there?

I sure hope so. Even if not an 'official' one, I'm sure many people will still be going.

If they build it, goons will come.

ignace

Mega Poster
pitchnoir said:
From what ive heard sources are saying it is on its way. saying that its not on the roster for Winterdom Hamburg

joys of google translate from a source an i know its sweet f a to go on but live in hope an all;

The roller coaster in Vienna debut was a big, but pleasant surprise, and in September the coaster will as always be built on the Oktoberfest in Munich (17 / 09-02 / 10). Then the job will go to the north of Germany to visit the fair Bremen (14 / 10-30 / 10). While fans thought that Olympia Looping did this fair towards the Winterdom Hamburg, the big fair that takes place annually in the winter and where the roller coaster was already more often, it now appears that it is not on the list.

The rumors and signs that Olympia Looping will settle impossible to ignore this year's big winter carnival in London. Several German carnival fans speak with certainty and also a Facebook page of Winter Wonderland himself hinted earlier that they will focus this year on major attractions. If the rumors are true, then it would explain why the coaster is not going to Hamburg. Moreover, Barth showed his willingness to do risky things with his star roller coaster when he left him for months in the Prater Park.

You could have at least add a source (translation of Pretparken.be: http://www.pretparken.be/NL/article/163 ... s%20Londen?)

Winter Wonderland deserves a coaster like OL. But it will be expensive, maybe 9 or 10 pounds (it's around 7 euro's in Germany)

sparky2u

Mega Poster
Says this on their website: To celebrate our 10th anniversary we’re got some sensational new attractions and rides lined up to make this the ultimate festive celebration!

S

SimonSays99

OL will make it at top speed from Oktoberfest - last day Oct 3rd - to Bremen Freimarkt - first day Oct 14th. So deconstruction, moving, construction and TÜV clearance in 10 days :goon:

Jared

Hyper Poster
Just to add more fuel to the fire...

Olympia Looping is currently set up at Oktoberfest (obviously), but since it's move from Austria to Germany, it has had all of it's 'health & safety' signage on the station changed and for the first time ever, it is now in English. Alongside it's new website, also in English for the first time ever... Bit odd that all of a sudden the ride has new signage.

Also, when talking to ride staff on the platform at Oktoberfest, they are also confirming that they're coming to Winter Wonderland this year. Surely we're sitting at about a 70 / 80% chance this is happening now? Assuming no issues getting the ride here etc.

Fingers and toes are certainly crossed!

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Ben said:
Ugh, now all the basics are going to ride something they don't deserve.

This. Just the idea that I still don't have it, and sooooooooo many basic bitches are going to get it with no effort whatsoever.

that-bothers-me_zpssysuwnol.jpg

CoastinBear

Roller Poster
The European Coaster Club posted on Twitter yesterday (26 Sept) that Olympia Looping has been confirmed for Winter Wonderland. Hope that's the case, but earlier in the day, someone else (didn't recognise them) had Tweeted that the contract had been signed and OL is going to be there, but then had people responding "How do you know? Where's your proof?"

Ben

CF Legend
^Marcus Gaines posted that who can usually be believed.

But agreed I wanted to see some actual hard, solid proof.

ATM I'm at like 90%.