What's new

Ocean Kingdom | Flying Over The Rainforest | B&M WingCoaster

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Re: 2013 B&M Wingrider?

coasterfreck said:
Actually Australia needs something like this to boost their Theme Park industry. so I am really hoping it is going to an Aussie theme park.

By that logic, why not hope it goes to Cambodia?

Ethan

Strata Poster

I'm not very sharp... :)

Are the spines on Wingriders larger than on normal B&Ms. Because when looking at Swarm it looked abou the same (except for the first drop).

Antinos

Slut for Spinners

^It shouldn't depend on the type of the ride. Instead, it depends on the forces present at a certain section of the ride. If you look at any B&M roller coaster besides dive machines, you'll notice that the track sections in valleys are very thick and at the top of hills or certain inversions, the track sections are skinnier.

A101

Mega Poster

Despite the green paint that makes it look Six Flags, I can't help but hope this is for Cedar Point. The park desperately needs the new coaster, and a wing coaster just seems fitting to me.

Mark9

Roller Poster

A101 said:
Despite the green paint that makes it look Six Flags, I can't help but hope this is for Cedar Point. The park desperately needs the new coaster, and a wing coaster just seems fitting to me.

Forgive me if this sounds rude, but isn't the 17 rollercoasters that the park already has, not enough?

Intricks

Strata Poster

^I smell a fanboy. A Wing Coaster would take up too much room.

It is more than likely a Green Lantern themed coaster, but since Avatar is coming to Disney I figured they could make it a theme off of riding the big red thing...Turac Macto as they say in the movie.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Lofty

CF Legend

^ I really wouldn't think that's likely to be totally honest with you. It'll more than likely just go to another SF park over a Disney park. I've got no proof, I'm just expressing my opinion on it.

tomahawk

Strata Poster

Yeah, Disney won't ever get a wingrider, that's just a ridiculous thought. It doesn't fit their target audience, and if the Avatar thing still goes through (since the movie was delayed again) more than likely it will be a simulator or dark ride, not a wingrider.

And if anything, it will be Ninja Turtles with the reboot coming next year. It is not the Green Lantern green, and for Six Flags to market something with a flop movie and with the sequel not happening for quite some time, it doesn't make sense. They will focus on the new Superman next year, since Man of Steel is coming out, or the Flash which is the next DC film to come down the pipeline. Don't know if I can make that anymore clear.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016

I honestly think it goes to Cedar Point. I heard that Cedar Point's going back to B&M for their next coaster, and I could see that bright green color fitting right in with the landscape there. I'm probably wrong, but it's an educated guess. I hope it's right, though, since it's 3 hours away and I would kill to have a wingrider that close to home.

michaellll

Mega Poster

If there is ever a major coaster themed to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles I might just leave society forever.

D1993

Hyper Poster

I would love to see Cedar Point get a wing rider!
They dont exactly have much room though....
With the new Six Flags president though, I remember him saying that every year, all the parks will get exciting new attractions. This is most probably going to a six flags park .... I would like to see it go to Fiesta Texas or St Louis.

Intricks

Strata Poster

Yea....I doubt it is Cedar Point as the Cedar Fair new CEO says he is going family friendly route and sprucing up ALL the parks (not going the DICK Kinzel route). Wing Coaster isnt exactly the spitting image of Family Friendly.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

D1993

Hyper Poster

I just wanna see Cedar Point get a new big ride soon-ish.
Apart from Fiesta Texas, I would say it would be really good for SFA in MD to get this possible wing rider, but seeing as they got a new coaster this year, that would be very unlikely!
And someone posted a little while back, that they thought this could go to Australia ...
I JUST WISH!
theres no way it will happen, but I can dream :)

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

To back up the Cedar Point claim, I have heard rumor that a large amount of money has been invested for the year 2013, with a supposed location near Disaster Transport.

Considering the last roller coaster to be added was 6 years ago, and they are removing Wildcat, it is definitely plausible.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster

^A lot of those rumors said that was going to be a woodie, but now that CGA is finally getting that, that might be off the table now.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster

If it is indeed for Cedar point, I hope they have a good mix of Wild Eagle and the other three. I like the big open elements of Wild Eagle, but the more compact and tight transitions of X-Flight/The Swarm/Raptor look lovely.

Bottom_Feeder_13

Hyper Poster

I remember reading about a $25 million capital expenditure at Cedar Point for next year which is considerably more than the cost of a woodie.