What's new

Oakwood video TR, 2nd April 2010

Danzibarr

Mega Poster
In true student style, it's taken me almost 2 months to get round to editing this one! As always with Oakwood, it was a fantastic day out, hopefully shown in the clip. Let me know what you think!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpWgFQ0BDqk[/youtube]

Dan

ps.. I welcome subscribers to my youtube world :D

peep

CF Legend
Haha, cool VTR Mister. Liked the tunes you used and pretty awesome editing. Oreo times were also amusing. Thanks for sharing something a bit different...where's the like button when you need it? :p

Danzibarr

Mega Poster
Thanks for the comments, glad you enjoyed it!

I was really surprised at how quiet it was, especially considering it was good Friday. Speed was running one train with no queue, Mega riding with empty seats on most rides, I only saw Hydro go down once and the same with Vertigo.

The weather was horrendous all the way there which may have been the cause of it being quite so quiet, but luckily it held off during the time we were at the park - just a couple of short downpours; which was awesome watching megafobia change colour as the wood got wet and then again as it dried.

Our ride count ended up as;

Pedalows x6
Megafobia x6
Bounce x 6
Speed x 2
Treetops x1
Bobsleigh x1
Snakey waterslides x 4/5/6??
Brer Rabbit x1
Spooky 3D x1
Pirate ship x1 (well, two of them went on, I can't stand pirate ships!)

They've done a lot of cleaning up over the winter, a lot of bright green-incredible-hulk paint, including the whole of the entrance and the trains that take you into the park, which does look fresher, but also quite hideous! The Bounce now has red rails along with some nice new signage in various places. The new 'Ride the big 4' slogan is available on tshirts, hoodies, hats, everything.. Let's just hope it becomes the 'big 5' soon.

Staff were all very friendly, saw a couple of the guys who were involved in the advert filming again which was nice, as well as having some rather hilarious conversations with Rhys, the guy in charge of the pedalows - I managed to reverse park into the dock :lol:

We stopped off in Tenby for some fish 'n' chips and a walk around, perfect end to the day!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
IIRC, you did a similar video last year (or possibly the year before, they blend into one as you reach your late 20's), and that was pretty good. This video is also pretty damn good. I do like a good trip report and this is a format that should be done more often. Cheers for sharing.

On a park related note, Speed is looking a lot better now the area around it has matured. Ok, so it's just green grass, but it looks a lot better than mud.

Danzibarr

Mega Poster
Thanks! You do remember correctly, the past ones are on my youtube too.

Talking of Speed, I can't decide whether the sign (shown at 1:19 in the video) is new for this year - I'm sure I've never seen it before, it does look quite nice. Like you said, the area does look the best I've seen it, the grassy hill seems to fit with the ride ride quite well.

Not the best of shots;

8821_278797240462_547425462_9018600_635786_n.jpg

These pics were taken back in September when the park was shut, hence the lack of people, but I quite like them!

8821_278797360462_547425462_9018616_5839770_n.jpg

8821_278797270462_547425462_9018605_5621051_n.jpg

Ploddish

Hyper Poster
Ha! I'm good friends with Rhys, and he told me about you guys, reverse parking! He was well impressed. What a crazy random happenstance :p

Danzibarr

Mega Poster
wow, what are the chances of that!!! Awesome! Make sure he gets to see the vid, after all he did allow us on the Pedalows six times with the camera :lol:

What a small world. He seemed like a nice guy, all be it a little confused as to why we were so fascinated by pedalows!