What's new

"Now Showing"

A

Anonymous

The new Star Wars film is superb, I highly recommend it. Lucas is back on form after the fairly weak Episode 1 and Episode 2. It ties in really well with the whole saga.

A

Anonymous

[Where else would space invaders be from? - Rob]

Uranus?

Willy Wonka looks really creepy, kinda like the cartoons of fatpie.com without corpse raping...[/i]

A

Anonymous

Saw 2

Yahoo Synopsis: A psychopath kidnaps victims and forces them to play horrific games so that they can learn the value of life.

The first one was brilliant, i own it on DVD, it was such a smart idea, i hope the second one will be as good.

Dude

Roller Poster
I'm actually cant wait to see the Fantastic Four movie. I know most of the recent Marvel movies have fallen uunder bad acting and directing in some occasions. But this one looks to be okay. The visual effects look superb.

A

Anonymous

I get to see the Longest Yard Thursday night before it's out in theaters since I work at a local movie theater and I'm doing the preview. Now how can a movie with Chris Rock AND Adam Sandler in it not be absolutely hilarious?

A

Anonymous

Quite easily, Chris Rock tries to be Eddie Murphy and fails miserably, so he shouts louder and fails even more, cue vicious circle. Adam Sandler is just too annoying, especially in Little Nicky, where for a less painful film experience, they should have just shown people dragging their nails down a blackboard for an hour and a half.

*Makes comment about gouging my eyes out, seeing this film and a rusty knife.*

On the other hand, the Fantastic Four trailer looks a lot better than I thought it would, will definitely be seeing that now.

A

Anonymous

There redoing war of the worlds I do see.

*Shudders*

Is nothing safe from the dreaded claws of Hollywood and there ****ty re vamps?

Ben

CF Legend
War of the Worlds is out now! It's my most anticpated movie of the year (roll on Sunday when I'm hopefully seeing it).

robbeal

Hyper Poster
War of the Worlds. It's gonna be crap. The Daily Mail reviewer says it's one of the best films ever, so it's going to be crap. A formula has emerged there over the years!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I'm off to see it in approximately... 14 minutes and 26 second.

I've got to clear all knowledge of the original book from my mind and watch it as a "new" film. This way I'll not be upset when it's a ruination of the classic. "There's no man named Wells, there's no man named Wells... Auntie Em, Auntie Em???"

[Edit] Okay, seen the film. It's a Spielberg action film. Fantastic special effects, well directed, increadibly well produced. Not the greatest film in the world, but certainly high quality and good entertainment...

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
mrclam said:
A trapped dog who's whinning and beyond help, but somehow manages to survive despite all the humans dying hideous deaths?

Yeah, Tom Cruise makes it all the way to the end alive ;) :lol:

Ben

CF Legend
28th July, be at your local Cinema, Charlie and the Choclate Factory is nearly here.....

(My most eagerly anticipated film of the year, yay for Tim Burton doing a film with Johnny Depp!)

[What, you mean like Edward Scissorhands and Sleepy Hollow? Danny Elfman's in on the act too, Tim Burton's favourite music man - Rob]

[Yeah, that sort of thing, but nice and quirky. Plus, I didn't know Danny Elfman was helping out, now it's just plain awesome, the three best people in their fields in Hollywood in one film- Ben]

EDIT:
http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/charliechocolatefactory/medium.html

Ha, looks great.

"I'm Violet"
"I don't care"

Ha!

tks

Strata Poster
Charlie & The Chocolate Factory looks sooo good. It's just as wild as my imagination made the book!

A

Anonymous

Yes I agree, but what if, in a hypothetical world, I won a golden ticket. I'm not a child but, agewise, I';d make a suitable heir.

Another thing is that in the original, I reckon that Willy Wonka "chose" the five kids. How else was slugworth so near the winners all the time.

My point is how does he guarantee that children win the tickets?

A

Anonymous

I went to see The Wedding Crashers the other night.
It was very very funny.
I'd deffinetly reccomend it
Although Im sad enough to be overly excited by the new Willy Wonka and The chocolate factory movie. :D
Emma
x

Lain

Giga Poster
Flocko's in-depth review of 'Dark Water'

It's crap, boring rip off of 'The Ring', don't go waste your money.

:D

RJM

Roller Poster
Charlie and the chocoalte factory is going to be utter crap..

A: Willy Wonker is not how he should be.
B: The Hollywood money making s**t has made everything too exadurated.
C: It's based in America. (Which it definatly shouldn't be)
D: Or if it isn't based in America it's a very poor impression of England.

I have so many holes to pick at from this film there won't be a film to watch after I've finished.