What's new

"Now Showing"

nealbie

CF Legend
Be that as it may, they don't care at the Westfield in Derby.

In fact the only thing they do care about is:-

Westfield Centre Derby Orange Wednesday Terms & Conditions said:
The promotion applies to non Directors Halls screenings only.
:lol:

So any showing that isn't in the ridiculously expensive room is allowed.

I started watching Coraline pretty late last night.. Got about fourty five minutes into it before I dozed off, so I will continue watching it tonight. It was really good so far, I'm really enjoying it, but the BUTTON EYES creep the **** out of me, no joke. They are SO scary.

I'll post a full review when it's over.

And all these good Aladdin reviews make me feel like I have to watch it again, because I remember not liking it as a kid.

Ben

CF Legend
Up is just, amazing. Saw it in 3D at the Imax, and it was stunning and amazing. 10/10

Saw Zombieland as well. Not amazing, but, not terrible. It was all a bit "obvious", funny, but, the script wasn't great. It was very "American", if you will.

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
Last night I watched American Beauty armed with Ben & Jerry's Cookie Dough.

It centers on Lester Burnham {Kevin Spacey} a depressed father & husband living in a nice house situated in the suburbs. Lester hates his job and most importantly his life. All of the characters play a big part in Lester's life, and shape it in some way. One day everything changes when his daughter brings home her school friend, Angela.

I thought the film was picturesque, however the first 20 minutes bored me. Character development was superb and I didn't actually know what was going to happen throughout the film, it was quite unpredictable. After the first 40 minutes I began to take a good interest into the storyline. Another thing that I loved about this film was the narration Lester gave at certain points through the film.

A great film, not amazing but pretty damn good.

7.9/10

JOSH, that movie is amazing, haha. It was really like, twisted, but in an interesting way. I personally really enjoyed it.

Ollie, yes, that movie IS suppose to be "alright".. In fact, more than alright. I'd heard amazing reviews about it, and I can't wait until it's released here.

peep

CF Legend
Neal said:
This now means that I have watched 46/48 of Disney's Animated Features. Bring on Melody Time and Saludos Amigos :roll:

Peep has not watched that many of the Disney animated features. Hmm, but I think both the ones you haven't seen are in my DVD collection :D

Lolz @ Mrclam

nadroJ

CF Legend
Today on my Film course I watched two movies.

Firstly Le Chien Andalou.
Most people would probably recognise the famous 'eye-slit' scene (google it, I guarntee you you'll recognise)

It's basically a Surrealism piece by Salvador Dali and some other dude, it's really messed up and makes no sense. It's also black and white and silent, it's a bit mad and almost nightmarish at points but watchable. Just odd, it's hard to watch something completely absent of narrative.

Then we watched Eraserhead. Urgh.
Again another Surrealism piece with no distinct narrative and just some generally disturbing images and themes. Apparently it's a reflection on David Lynch's (the director) fear of sexuality and pregnancy - there are lots of crude and disgusting references to genitalia and this weird mutant baby thing. I didn't like it, I can look at it from an academic point of view but let's just say I'm not going to go out of my way to watch it again.

^ Ollie you stole the words right from me. :p Never watched it but I didn't think it really ever looked that funny.

Coraline

I loved this movie.. It was strange and films that are kinda weird appeal to me most of the tmie and this wasn't an exception. The button eyes scared the crap out of me (the "other" mother, with the button eyes, when she looked normal, was ridiculously scary haha), the scenery was cool, and I dunno, I just enjoyed the storyline as a whole. Would have been cool to watch in 3D.

8/10

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Watched two films yesterday. First up was Brief Encounter (1945) for my Film Studies. Incredibly old black and white romance film, but surprisingly good. Certainly a shock to me as I didn't expect it to be that interesting.

6.5/10

Then went with Martyn to see Zombieland, though he had already seen it. The cinema was packed, and plenty of laughs were had. The biggest laugh went to Bill Murray's death xD Certainly the best film that I have seen in a while, but I still prefer Shaun of the Dead. Certainly one to watch.

8.5/10

peep

CF Legend
Snoo, Monster vs Aliens was cr*p.

Taylor, I didn't think Coraline was that great tbh and the kids in my screening didnt seem too frilled either, considering it is aimed at kids the film fails on an epic scale.

Cial, So just because a film is old and in black and white automatically makes you think it's a bad film before you watch it? Sorry but that is definitely not right.

I haven't watched any new films but I may go cinema on Saturday.

Ollie

CF Legend
We may be going on a college media trip to the IMAX to see UP in 3D. :D
Would be the third time I'd have seen it and it would be the best as well in 3D and on a huge screen.
Love that film. :)