What's new

Notable Deaths 2023

Coasterfreck

Mega Poster
Gordon, a Thorpe Park regular and park legend has died. He pretty much visited Thorpe Park every day, he was always friendly and talkative and was known by the majority of all employees over the years. I’m still in shock over this news, and it will be weird when Thorpe re-opens for 2023 season. Rest In Peace.

davidm

Strata Poster
I'm not going to get into posting in here anytime anyone has died, but this was pretty sad.

I'm not a Chelsea fan at all but I have some good friends who are big Chelsea fans and they always rated him (as a player) but I had a another friend (also sadly not with us anymore) who was a huge Liverpool fan - and disliked Chelsea intensly - who ended up sitting next to 'Luca on a plane once and my pal just went on and on about what a lovely chap he was. That carried so much more weight with me than the opinions of my blinkered Chelsea fan pals ;)

Too soon. :(

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
I'm not going to get into posting in here anytime anyone has died, but this was pretty sad.

I'm not a Chelsea fan at all but I have some good friends who are big Chelsea fans and they always rated him (as a player) but I had a another friend (also sadly not with us anymore) who was a huge Liverpool fan - and disliked Chelsea intensly - who ended up sitting next to 'Luca on a plane once and my pal just went on and on about what a lovely chap he was. That carried so much more weight with me than the opinions of my blinkered Chelsea fan pals ;)

Too soon. :(
I didn’t know he was close to passing and I’ll admit this one made me cry. I loved him so much when he was at Chelsea. Only Zola in that era surpassed him for my love.

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
Don't have the newspaper articles on me RN but Pat Robertson and Ted Kaczynski (The Unabomber) died recently.

Robertson's was of natural causes, Kaczynski's was a suicide.

They will not be missed.

EDIT: Other music deaths this year include Lisa Marie Presley, Gary Rossington (the last remaining member of OG Lynyrd Skynyrd) and Gordon Lightfoot (of "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" fame). They will be missed.

davidm

Strata Poster
Could easily be posted in the News section too, but John Broome (who started Alton Towers as we know it)

edit:bit more info here;

Last edited: