What's new

NoLimits Competition #3 - RESULTS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snoo

The Legend
In the 6th spot, with 25 points, is raptor, with Jungle Dash.

Overall, pretty good ride. I enjoyed it but you lacked technique, realism (as in.. would it be built in the real world), and your peers didn't give you much either. I thought it was original though. You can definitely improve technique, which would definitely increase your score significantly.

In the 5th spot, with 29 points, is reddude333, with Rush.

Another sufferer of a lack of technique. The ride overall wasn't spectacular, but it wasn't terrible either. Your best marks came from the excitement level. Like raptor, you'll need to improve realism as well. Overall, things are better than I remember in the past, but hopefully in the next comp it will be even better. :)

Slamming that 4th spot, with 37 points, is Brookes, with Inhaler.

A very above average coaster, but again, nothing spectacular. Excitement and Originality were your strong points, with one of the best two scores of the entire competition, but you lacked in technique and realism.. along with the user vote. The theme of the comp seemed to be mis-shapen inversions, which I believe didn't help ya. Nothing to cry about though, as you did have a good ride. :)

Touching the bronze with the 3rd spot, with 39 points, is DarrenHosker, with PeakFear.

Technique again hurt you friend, but it pretty much hurt everyone, so don't worry about all that. Like Brookes, you were strong in originality and excitement, but lacked realism, technique, and good scores from other users. Hope to see more from you because I loved your ride.

In 2nd place, with 40 points, is Xpress with Crimson.

Fantastic ride Xpress. You obviously received top scores in all categories minus the User Ratings. Apparently they didn't like you? :p Technique could be improved along with some realism but overall, I loved it. Only small things could be changed to be honest, but hopefully you will man up the next comp and do work and finally win another one. ;)

ANDDDD yet again, in 1st place, with 44 points and our winner, is Antinos with his creation: Banshee.

Originiality and Excitement was the highest of the group with realism being right behind. Technique, though, was quite lacking, which dropped your score several points. The users did also love you, receiving the highest score of all the tracks. I thought it was a pretty obvious choice to be honest. Congrats again!

Great comp. I hope the next one will have more entries with a little more enthusiasm. Congrats to Antinos second win. Hopefully we can get someone new next time. ;)

The Eurofighter comp will be up when I come back to this computer (I'll be away for a week) so, like always, shut it. :)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I can't even remember which track is which, but I do remember Banshee and Crimson being my favourites.

Well done Antinos! :D

Brookes

Giga Poster
Slighted disappointed; was hoping for 3rd but ah well. Wish I had the time to put into NL these days. Having to resort to pre-fabs probably didn't help either.

Well done to the 2 guys at the top, your tracks were easily the best.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Thanks guys! I love you too :)

It was a good competition. Everybody who entered did a good job on their rides, and even if you don't think so, at least you entered.

reddude333

Giga Poster
Well, I'm not too surprised by where I ended up. Pretty much the only reason I did better last time was because of the bonuses. I guess I really need help with my technique but I'm not really sure how I can just get better at it...even with practice. Was this mostly a heartline thing or just overall smoothness?

Snoo

The Legend
Smoothness. My biggest problem is when the track jerks. The thing I always do is compare it to an actually ride similar to what I'm building. Cutting turns, loops, airtime hills too short will cause that. Also, over or under banking.. basically all the things that you would think go into a smooth ride (with liberties given to woodies) is what I judge technique upon.

Status
Not open for further replies.