What's new

Noah's Ark to be turned into Heritage Museum

alexr

Hyper Poster
Amanda Thompson Revealed on her Twitter that Noah's Ark will be turned into a heritage museum, which is good and Bad.
I Think it was mentioned it was rumored but it's now kind of Confirmed. Also Amanda's revealing a lot on Twitter!

Your thoughts on Noah's Ark being turned into this....

marc

CF Legend
Sorry but I think its bad as it is not what it is meant to be, if they do that they may as well remove it.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
So by a museum does that mean we'll still be able to walk-thru without the animatronics working/present, or will be it be closed off completely?

I loved Noah's Ark, it seemed endless and I've had much fun on those turntables. Just one left in the world now then, the one at Kenywood.

I agree, she is awesome on Twitter. I'll ask her about it, she can only ignore me (like she always does :wink:)

Martyn B

CF Legend
I loved Noah's Ark, it seemed endless and I've had much fun on those turntables

I agree. This is just gutting news. I adored The Ark, so many good memories. And it just kept going on, and on, and on.... :(

The Pleasure Beach really is starting to loose its charm, and I bet Mr T is turning in is grave.

Ollie

CF Legend
That really sucks. Noahs Ark was one of the best things in the whole park. Like others have said it went on forever and it was so unique and fun.
Blackpool just keeps getting worse. :(

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
This is a very terrible thing, second everything that has been said.

Museums at theme parks are so cool, especially at amusement parks like Blackpool, but destroying some heritage to make room to savour it? Kind of ironic.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Very little of the Ark is original now. At most, it's maybe 25 years old. The mechanism and "look" is still pretty classic, but again, not really original (well, the mechanism IS original).

I loved Noah's Ark though, massive amounts of fun... Even trying to get a toddling Maxi-Minor_Furie through it. I adore attractions like this which offer something completely different to anything modern parks ever deem we're worthy of. New space age play park or water splash zone for the kids? Give them a wobbly stair and a farting cow and they'll be much happier :)

I will say I prefer this idea to demolition though. At least this way the ride is still there. Even as a walkthrough with the "contraptions" gone, it's better than being chainsawed. Maybe in the future it could be revived, maybe not, but it's better to have it as "something" than not have it at all.

So yeah, sad news it's not going to live on as one of the most fun attractions in the country any more, but good news it's still going to live on...

Nic

Strata Poster
Hang on, when was the last time this actually operated? As I said on Twitter, in my view, better that it get used for something than stand SBNO forever and get left to rot.

OMG Noah's Arks are fun! But the one at Kennywood scared me because it had water in it. However, it's still sad to see them go because they're unique and whatnot.

Lofty

CF Legend
Oh, what a shame, Noah's Ark is actually amazing. This is kind of stupid, surely they're just going to move all them nostalgic items that you see on the way out into this? I hope it's actually going to be fun to see. I thought they were adding a museum over to Space Invader?

alexr

Hyper Poster
Nic said:
Hang on, when was the last time this actually operated? As I said on Twitter, in my view, better that it get used for something than stand SBNO forever and get left to rot.
It was last operated in 2008, entrace to it plastered over in 2010 season

-lofty- said:
Oh, what a shame, Noah's Ark is actually amazing. This is kind of stupid, surely they're just going to move all them nostalgic items that you see on the way out into this? I hope it's actually going to be fun to see. I thought they were adding a museum over to Space Invader?

That was before nickland was confirmed or decided...

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Amanda Thompson replied to my tweet question. :shock:

It will be a Pleasure Beach herritage museum with gallieries and various exhibitions from our archives

Sounds like a good use for the building imo. Would rather have the Ark if I'm honest, but it seems like an appropriate use and will be quite interesting for history geeks.

Mark

Strata Poster
Ian said:
Amanda Thompson replied to my tweet question. :shock:

It will be a Pleasure Beach herritage museum with gallieries and various exhibitions from our archives

Sounds like a good use for the building imo. Would rather have the Ark if I'm honest, but it seems like an appropriate use and will be quite interesting for history geeks.

Totally.

I am relieved that they are not just going to get rid of the ark full stop.

I personally love looking at all the history of a park and how it has changed over the years. For many parks it is very poorly documented so this is brilliant. Lets be thankful it isn't going to become a shop (although it will probably have a gift shop section :p). I think it is perfect that it is going to be put inside of one of the oldest attractions on park that they feel has run its course.

Do we have any idea on time frame? Im not afraid to say it, but this would actually sway my decision on when next to visit. Granted it doesnt have the pull to get me going back time and again (unless it has changing exhibitions) but it has certainly got me interested in visiting at least once more...

In fact, could this be the first thing I have ever heard announced by Mz Thompson that I am happy about?