What's new

No Limits 2 - Contest #1 - '72 Hours Later'.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
yssp6GK.jpg

Here we go! The first No Limits 2 contest. Let's get on with it.

Rules:

-ANY coaster style is permitted.
-Supports much NOT touch the water. No tunneling under the water either.
-Track building tools such as FVD++ and Newton2 and the in-game FVD are allowed.
-3Ds are NOT allowed unless you use the prepackaged ones from within NL2 itself.
-Support scenery can be used, but remember, this is more about the track and technique.
-Terrain editing is NOT allowed.
-Anything outside the boundaries cannot be edited.
-Supports and track must stay within the boundaries you choose to use. Even footers.
-No height limit.
-Feel free to place any new trees/support scenery/in-game 3Ds within the boundaries but again, remember I'm looking at the track and supports.

You want the coaster to look good on it's own merits rather than in-game and support scenery.

Requirements and template:

xT5Wd54.jpg

As you can see, you have three different boundaries.

Yellow:
-If you build in JUST the yellow area, you will receive points based on the track you build alone.
-If you choose to build purely in the BLUE area, you will receive the basic points for your coaster plus 5 bonus points.
-If you choose to build in all three (Yellow, blue AND Green) you will receive 15 bonus points.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Entries must be emailed to me at unclearly@yahoo.co.uk with your track and username by no later than 6pm BST on 25/07/2014. Entries I receive after this time will not be scored. Good luck!

Template download:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/m9dwu ... ter.nl2pkg

BBH

Giga Poster
I'll be entering. Time to put my Wacky Worm recreation on hold for a second...

Question: How will these be graded? Standard TAO or by some other method?

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Woop. Glad to see people entering.

A simplified TAO essentially with 5 points per category.
So max of 5 each for technical, originality and adrenaline. Then the bonus points (if the track has ultilised them) will be added.

So the highest score you can achieve is 30 points.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
You have to extract the package. Make sure to just create a new coaster instead of editing the boundaries one.

Once I get back home, I'll be cranking I out. Remember, don't post pictures giving away the type you are doing, unless you feel like it lol.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
^Sorry to be that technologically challenged guy, but how do you go about doing that?

Soko

Roller Poster
Joined the forum just for this contest (for now at least). Not sure how active I'll be here since I hardly ever lurked at all, so IDK what all there is offered.

BBH

Giga Poster
^Welcome to CF! There's an "Introduce Yourself" thread under the "Members" subforum. Feel free to intelligently participate in any discussion around the forum as you please.

Is the in-game wooden generator allowed if we're doing a wood coaster, or should I build my own supports and go steel?

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
If you've got the time to do your own, go for it! It'll definitely boost your score but yes, you can use the in-game generator.

Intricks

Strata Poster
Im down. This may work in my favor though as my current project is a bit pinched atm.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Double post, but it needs its own post. I know track and supports need to stay, but what about wide trains?