What's new

NL/Computer Questions

VooDoDe

Roller Poster
Hey, I have some technical NL questions regarding performance and stuff, so if anyone can help me would be great. Anyway, the family laptop i'm using is about 4 or so years old and runs NoLimits pretty poorly (sometimes dropping below 10 fps on a detailed track while in the sim) and I was thinking about buying myself a new laptop. First of all, the screen resolution on the laptop is fairly decent (800x1200) but the track still looks very pixilated, especially from far away. Here's what it looks like for me:

41210.png

I noticed a lot of people on here's screenshots look much less pixilated, but what resolution would a laptop need to be to look that good? I'm guessing 1080p, but it would be nice to hear from some people with nice laptops what their screen resolution is.

Also, I found some good laptops on sale, but one stood out. Here are the specs:

• 15.6" 1920x1080 Full HD
• Intel Core i7-3610QM CPU
• 8GB (4GBx2) DDR3-1333 RAM
• NVIDIA GT640M 2GB Video
• Intel HM70 Mainboard
• 500GB 5400RPM SATA300 HDD
• 8X DVD Rewritable Drive

That's for 829 bucks including the OS. What kind of FPS do you think I could get with that on NL? And would it look very much less pixilated with the 1080p display?

Any input would help. ;)

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
One mistake I made for a while was having my resolution in the simulator on a different setting than my desktop. Matching your resolutions will make a big difference. Also, any setting that has to do with quality, make sure it's set to the highest setting.

bmac

Giga Poster
I run a HP dv7, about 16 months old. like antinos said if you match the res you should be fine. Don't overpack scenery near the tracks, because that'll **** your FPS to high hell.

VooDoDe

Roller Poster
Antinos said:
One mistake I made for a while was having my resolution in the simulator on a different setting than my desktop. Matching your resolutions will make a big difference. Also, any setting that has to do with quality, make sure it's set to the highest setting.
I checked, and it was set at 800x1280 (sorry, accidentally said it was 800x1200 in the first post.) What's your display resolution?

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
My display resolution is 1920x1080 for both I believe. I'm using a widescreen 1080p tv screen as my monitor.