What's new

NL Competition 8 2013 - X Marks the Spot!

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
ip42pgfqm8ce40024qc0dl.jpg

Ten Sky Loops exist - yet only one is extended. This contest is also quite simple - build an extended Sky Loop model. Anything goes. The only restriction is that you are landlocked.

What you see above is what is provided to you in the template: lift, inverted roll, drop to the ground, and supports. I do not recommend adding lattice to the roll. Please do not modify any premade track or supports.

Rules:
-No tools
-No 3Ds
-No footers are allowed in the water (the ride can be built over water as long as the footers are on land)

Ctrl+g and iSmooth are encouraged. Feel free to add terrain and water features! Judging criteria is the same:

Technique - 10 points
Realism - 10 points
Originality - 10 points
Adrenaline - 10 points
Aesthetics - 5 points
User ratings - 10 points

Total - 55 points

Due date: August 16th, 2013

Please send all tracks with your USERNAME to marcantinossi [at] gmail [dot] com.

Template download:

http://www.mediafire.com/?q1q3803gf6pq3qd

Good luck to those competing! If anybody has any questions, ask in the topic.

SFOGRICH

Roller Poster
By lattice, do you mean the part of the loop that looks like a quad-rail Intamin track on the real rides?

More important, though, in the template the vertical supports for the lift tower are large wooden beams. Shouldn't they be large steel tubes instead?

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
^Yes, regarding lattice. I know the supports are wooden beams. Real skyloops have box beams for every truss and structural member. Wooden beams are the closest thing in size and shape to the vertical box beams and L-beams are the closest in size to the trusses.

metalhead7

Mega Poster
Wasn't originally going to do this but I got a stroke of inspiration. I think this will be my last NL Comp for a while though.

BBH

Giga Poster
I was excited about this one but I despise the X-Car model, so difficult to work with IMO.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
^That's perfectly fine.

By the way, guys, you can edit the last node of the premade track to make your transition smoother. One week left!

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I basically scrapped mine and probably won't enter as nothing is "working" as of now. I have one solid element, and the rest has been ****. Might just turn it in to a one trick pony.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
^I've received one that's a three trick pony. I wouldn't worry about it.

I've received five tracks so far and there's plenty of time to enter still! I'll be honest, this is probably the most excited I've been about a contest in a while.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Since I will not be home until late tomorrow evening, expect the next contest to go up sometime during the middle of the day on Saturday. That means that you can still submit tracks on Saturday, but I would still prefer Friday submissions if anybody is still adding the final touches to their tracks.

For anybody wondering, I have eight tracks currently.