What's new

NL Competition #1 - Gimme Wood

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
Scrapped my first design, it didn't work out as I thought it would (surprise) :--D

Here is the new idea:

72487_10200684391018008_1963512956_n.jpg

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Guys...stop posting photos...

Rich: Terraforming is allowed. Also, you can use whatever train type you'd like, but I will be judging the train type with regard to the type of coaster (if you use PTC rolling stock on a twister, shame on you).

My apologies for being absent the past week. Now that I'm on spring break, I'll be able to focus a lot more attention on the topic. I've received a few tracks so far and I'm pleased with what I've received. There's less than a week left, so finish em up!

bmac

Giga Poster
Antinos said:
Rich: Terraforming is allowed. Also, you can use whatever train type you'd like, but I will be judging the train type with regard to the type of coaster (if you use PTC rolling stock on a twister, shame on you).

Good I'm making a compact Roar-East clone then. PTCs can work on twister layouts, sometimes better than Millennium Flyers.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
You don't want the people voting to know who's track it is in case they want that person to lose. You want it to be based off the actual coaster, not who made it.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
^It is necessary for some members. Also, if the same person happens to win three contests in a row, people won't want them to win the next one. It's been determined to be the most fair way of going about the Rider's Choice poll. If you want to post photos, go right ahead, but you never know when you're putting yourself at a disadvantage.

Xpress

Strata Poster
It is not necessary to post photos of your ride in progress. It is called a competition for a reason, you don't want another team stealing ideas from your ride, now do you?

The only way to make things fair is to keep all of your work to yourself, even outside the realms of CoasterForce. That way the rating system is totally unbiased and totally fair to all contestants. If I were you I would start over, delete everything you have to keep people from pillaging your track, or knowing which track is yours.

But since we are all on the bandwagon of posting photos of our rides, here is mine in all of its glory:

flea130313074420000.png

Feel free to harvest ideas. I may not even finish it.

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
Xpress said:
It is not necessary to post photos of your ride in progress. It is called a competition for a reason, you don't want another team stealing ideas from your ride, now do you?

The only way to make things fair is to keep all of your work to yourself, even outside the realms of CoasterForce. That way the rating system is totally unbiased and totally fair to all contestants. If I were you I would start over, delete everything you have to keep people from pillaging your track, or knowing which track is yours.

But since we are all on the bandwagon of posting photos of our rides, here is mine in all of its glory:

flea130313074420000.png

Feel free to harvest ideas. I may not even finish it.

It's just NL, and I don't think anyone in here are stupid enough to 'steal' an idea.
Nevermind.

SFOGRICH

Roller Poster
In case any of us are finishing up "under the wire" on Saturday night, I thought I should see which time zone you're in, or which one you'll be using to close out the comp to further entries - 11:59:59 p.m. UTC or whatever. Also, to make it easier when you're going through all of the track files, would it help to include the user name in the file name itself - "THUNDERHEAD NLComp1 SFOGRICH" for instance? That's just a sample ride name, of course!