Votes: 10 43.5%
  • Apollo's Chariot

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • They both rank equal in my book.

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters

ava1enzue1a

Mega Poster
Like Millennium Force and Bizarro, they tend to rival against each other on the Golden Ticket Awards. So for those of you here who've ridden both coasters - Nitro and Apollo's Chariot - which one is more preferred and why?

coreysaysyo

Roller Poster
I have to say, I don't mean to be neutral, but I think both are great. I guess if I had to pick on over the other I would have to pick nitro. Only if someone has a gun to my head though xD

I'm actually not a massive fan of Apollo's Chariot. It's good, but it never really stands out in my mind as anything above average. I like Nitro even though it seemed to have a bad reputation for a little while. It has good airtime and it has good forces in some sections (like the helix). So yep, Nitro.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Nitro has a better layout, better helix and better airtime, so Nitro tis better.

davidm

Strata Poster
I really really really really like Apollo's Chariot ; lovely ride, super air time ; great stuff.

I like Nitro more though.

andrus

Giga Poster
I hope Apollo's had a bad day when I rode it, because it was average at best.. The airtime was probably the weakest out of the B&M hypers I've been on, and it felt slow throughout the layout. The setting is stunning though!

Nitro on the other hand rode like a dream!! Fast and relatively strong airtime (almost ejector) plus strong g's in the hammerhead and helix; lovely ride! <3

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
andrus said:
I hope Apollo's had a bad day when I rode it, because it was average at best.. The airtime was probably the weakest out of the B&M hypers I've been on, and it felt slow throughout the layout. The setting is stunning though!

Nitro on the other hand rode like a dream!! Fast and relatively strong airtime (almost ejector) plus strong g's in the hammerhead and helix; lovely ride! <3
This (which is not surprising, seeing as how we were on the same trip).
Apollo's Chariot is gorgeous to look at. I love the purple and yellow colour and way you soar in and out of the treeline. The view takes your breath away. But it had virtually no airtime the day I rode it and was overall a bit lacklustre. Still a cracking ride in it's own right because it's a hyper, but for me, it has nothing on Nitro, which leaped straight into my top 10 after an afternoon front row. It's got both floater and violent airtime depending on where you ride, and the ejector is stronger even than on Shambhala. I was running back for more on Nitro and just didn't want to leave. Both are very re-rideable though.

ava1enzue1a

Mega Poster
I'm also wondering about Apollo's kicker (pre-drop), if that has a slight edge over Nitro's traditional first hill...

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I loved Apollo's Chariot, while I found Nitro to be a great ride but slightly underwhelming.

I think it's because I'd always wanted to ride Nitro since seeing pictures on here years ago, and knowing next to nothing about Apollo.

Hobbes

Mega Poster
Having wrapped up at BGW yesterday, I'm going to have to go against what seems to be general consensus here and say that I prefer Apollo. When I rode Nitro, I couldn't help feeling that it was lacking something. It had good airtime and a forceful helix, but the ride was just missing something. I couldn't put my finger on exactly what it was, but it prevented me from really enjoying the ride.

On the other hand, Apollo blew me away. In the back rows, every hill provided strong floater/ weak ejector, whereas the front section gave amazing floater on every hill. Even the curving hills/drops provided airtime. The helix is disappointing and has hardly any force behind it, but it didn't ruin the ride for me. Apollo was just more enjoyable for me overall.

EDIT: To answer the second question, I really enjoyed the pre-drop on Apollo. It gave a nice amount of airtime on the first drop, especially in the back.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

bmac

Giga Poster
ECG said:
Nitro has a better layout, better helix and better airtime, so Nitro tis better.

Agreed, but only slightly better on all fronts. I really only give Nitro the nudge because it has a more consistent runs across all temperatures, whereas Apollo's can actually seem tame at times. I've ridden the both of them at least 200+ times each, and I seriously rank them so close together that at times I wonder why I put Nitro ahead of Apollo's until I ride Nitro on a warm summer's evening and realize why. I'm actually more shocked that people don't have the two of them that high on their lists, sometimes even well out of their top ten. Both rides are great and it's a good debate between them. I just don't understand why some people find the both of them boring, I giggle my ass off the entire way through the both of them because they are just pure fun.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
I'm going for Apollo. Rode them both for the first time recently and I couldn't help noticing that Nitro had a bit of a rattle to it. I wouldn't call it rough or uncomfortable, but it was definitely annoying, more of a distraction than anything else which took away some of the fun.
Apollo on the other hand was silky and sexy all the way.

Ps I'll take Behemoth over both of them any day of the week.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
CanobieFanatic said:
^Yeah, Nitro's got a rattle after the MCBR.

On the rides I had a couple of days ago, I thought the majority of the rattle was actually before the MCBR. I was expecting there to be rattle prior to riding, so it wasn't surprised and it didn't really bother. However, I wasn't prepared for one of the trains trying to break my rib cage.

Riding Apollo in a few days, so I'll compare them then.