What's new

Nintendo coming to Universal Studios!

peep

CF Legend
Hmm, not the biggest fan of the Nintendo franchises but I can see this being a big draw for the parks.

I was going to comment on the whole Osaka resort having experience with Capcom properties and then the article went and mentioned it. I'm not sure if this will be conflicting?

I hold out hope that Universal would do a good job whatever as they sure are on a roll at the moment.

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
Yet another firm tug on Disney's weave. I can see this being hugely popular, especially if implemented in Japan (for a second gate ofc). With Midway Mania becoming one of Disney's most popular rides and Universal's love of screens I can see the direction they can go with this. 'Interactivity' is continually the current buzzword for these two park chains.

ThomVD

Giga Poster
I'm often not a big fan of using already existing IPs in theme parks, but I wouldn't say no to a Zelda or Metroid themed ride/area <3333

3Dimensions

Mega Poster
Would be incredible to have a ride inside Hyrule castle - doubt they'd do that as they already have Hogwarts in Orlando.

Hutch

Strata Poster
I love Nintendo so I'm already really excited and have been hoping for something like this to happen!

peep

CF Legend
Just a heads up that the Kidzone area of Universal Studios Orlando has been on the cards for ages for a re-do and apparently they've been looking for an IP. Sounds like they found one ;)

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
YESYESYESYESYESYES!!!!!!!

I am a HUGE Nintendo fan, so this will make me go back to Universal!

I have a few fantasy drawings of a Nintendo theme park. I'm that much in love.

If they somehow get a working Mario Kart WITH ITEMS, a water ride using the FLUD, and or a Yoshi-Go-Round, I will love Universal more than Disney any day.

<3<3<3

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

PeskyTrimBrake

Hyper Poster
Not a big fan of much Nintendo franchises other than Pokemon and Mario Kart, But this sounds really **** fun. I really hope there is a Pokemon attraction in the future as well as a Mario Kart themed ride. Like tomahawk said, a spinner would be excellent but launched like the Joypolis spinner.

This is partnership is absolutely perfect.

Lofty

CF Legend
AJ said:
Yay, more simulators </3
This.

I'm really not fussed about this announcement - I don't love how Universal is selling itself out with IP's, I understand that Universal itself is, but the park (Orlando in reference), doesn't feel that way.

Ben

CF Legend
Lofty said:
AJ said:
Yay, more simulators </3
This.

I'm really not fussed about this announcement - I don't love how Universal is selling itself out with IP's, I understand that Universal itself is, but the park (Orlando in reference), doesn't feel that way.

Huh?

The only bits that aren't an IP are Port of Entry and the Sinbad area...?

If you want original ideas, it's not Universal you want to go to.

andrus

Giga Poster
I think the Zelda-franchise would fit a theme park very well! It has the perfect exploring/adventure/mystery theming. I can imagine a small village, with adjacent caves and temples to explore; if done correctly it would be extremely fun! :--D

Lofty

CF Legend
Ben said:
Lofty said:
AJ said:
Yay, more simulators </3
This.

Huh?

The only bits that aren't an IP are Port of Entry and the Sinbad area...?

If you want original ideas, it's not Universal you want to go to.
I'm referring to the Universal Park, not Island's of Adventure.

Ben

CF Legend
^ Point still stands - apart from the entrance area, Disaster (although that started life as an IP) and arguably HRRR (although with that being heavily linked to music it's borderline) everything is an IP.

It's kind of the point of a Studio park.

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
Yay! This is excellent news :) I reckon Universal could do a great job with the Nintendo brand.

More simulators isn't such a bad thing in my opinion, seen as Universal's simulators are out of this world <3

I just hope they include something Pokemon related!