What's new

Nigloland | Krampus Expedition | Mack Water Coaster | 2021

Matt N

CF Legend
I’ve always thought that I’d love to see Mack pull off a full-circuit launched water coaster or something of that vein ever since the PowerSplash was first unveiled, or at least a water coaster with some slightly more interesting elements, so I’m definitely very intrigued to see how this ride turns out and what it has to offer if the track design has been altered!

Correct me if I’m wrong, but don’t Mack’s older water coasters have a track design and wheel assembly quite similar to that of old Arrow/Vekoma designs, where the wheels actually rest inside the track? If this is the case, that could explain why they aren’t as smooth as many of Mack’s other coasters, as this wheel arrangement is reportedly what causes Arrow & Vekoma’s older designs to be quite rough on the whole.

To me, Mack’s traditional water coaster seems a little bit dated in comparison to some of their newer designs, so it would be quite nice to see them overhaul the design to match the standard of some of their newer stuff!

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Correct me if I’m wrong, but don’t Mack’s older water coasters have a track design and wheel assembly quite similar to that of old Arrow/Vekoma designs, where the wheels actually rest inside the track? If this is the case, that could explain why they aren’t as smooth as many of Mack’s other coasters, as this wheel arrangement is reportedly what causes Arrow & Vekoma’s older designs to be quite rough on the whole.
That is true, but it's also the same with the SuperSplash and PowerSplash, both of which are generally smooth. Having the wheels on the inside of the track doesn't necessarily mean a rougher ride (I mean look at the RMC I-Box, the Chance Hyper-GTX and even Millennium at Fantasy Island, all of which are notoriously smooth), it's more likely that the wheel assemblies cause the roughness or just the general profiling of the track. I have good confidence that Mack will be able to make a smooth ride here. From what I'm aware of, Journey to Atlantis at SWSD is a lot smoother now having had the coaster portion of the ride completely re-tracked and re-profiled by Mack recently. Not to mention that old water coaster track is bolted together in two halves (left and right), whereas this looks to be one single piece of track, with the whole thing welded together.

Last edited:

Matt N

CF Legend
Look at the bottom of it, it has tri-tube track!
Oh wow; on a closer look, it looks pretty much like Mack’s launch coaster track with extra rails added onto the side! What difference will tri-tube track actually make to the ride experience, out of interest?

On another note, could we possibly see this water coaster do different elements, if Mack has significantly altered the track design?

Dar

Hyper Poster
I'd guess it's easier to manufacture because they make the tri-tube stuff all day long. So they've already got their process to make smooth curves and then they just tack the sides on to act as upstops? The new style looks like it has another point of contact, hopefully that adds to the smoothness :p

Ethan

Strata Poster
Oh wow; on a closer look, it looks pretty much like Mack’s launch coaster track with extra rails added onto the side! What difference will tri-tube track actually make to the ride experience, out of interest?

On another note, could we possibly see this water coaster do different elements, if Mack has significantly altered the track design?

I imagine it's tri-tube for the same reason other coasters are, it means you don't have to support it every few metres!

When you're building track at height, it'll get rather expensive if you have to support it more than necessary, it's part of the reason coasters like Skyrush and I305 have stunning lift hills. Make the track/the structure beneath it nice and thicc so that it can hold it's own weight without the need for expensive supports :)

At least I'm pretty sure that's the reason. I'm sure someone more knowledgable on this might give a better explanation.

Lofty

CF Legend
I'd be really interested to see the type of elements this ride can actually do, and if the new track supports more versatile manoeuvres. The issue with the current Mack water coaster is that the up-stop wheels are TINY and I'm assuming that's the reason they can't really have really steep drops, a lot of airtime etc., seems they started to play around more with it with Pulsar etc.

cookie

Giga Poster
New teaser has shown up at the park hinting perhaps at the Krampus theme:

fetch

Source

Us3rmane

Mega Poster
Update of the construction from Niglofans.fr still a lot of stuff to do !
Some rumours says the the vertical construction could be starting before the end of the month other says that nothing will happen before December

KrampusExpedition-10.jpgKrampusExpedition-9.jpgKrampusExpedition-8.jpgKrampusExpedition-7.jpgKrampusExpedition-6.jpgKrampusExpedition-5.jpgKrampusExpedition-4.jpgKrampusExpedition-3.jpgKrampusExpedition-2.jpgKrampusExpedition-1.jpg

Attachments

• KrampusExpedition-10.jpg
    KrampusExpedition-10.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 22
  • KrampusExpedition-9.jpg
    KrampusExpedition-9.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 22
  • KrampusExpedition-8.jpg
    KrampusExpedition-8.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 22
  • KrampusExpedition-7.jpg
    KrampusExpedition-7.jpg