What's new

New Wizarding World of Harry Potter coming to USJ

Josh73

Giga Poster
Apparently Universal Studios Japan is getting a Harry Potter Section in 2014:

Clicky
Supposedly opening before USH as it is on vacant land. Intrested to see what's in store.

Thoughts?

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Re: New HP world

Oh dear. Like modern "music", Harry Potter is one of the new crazes that I hate. Just not my type of thing and i mainly hate how big it's got.

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

Harry Potter is a part of my childhood, and I think these themed HP areas are looking really good!
But to be honest, I generally don't like when movies and such get their own ride, as I'm thinking that the movie, book or whatever it is, can't be that popular for such a long time, that a ride should last.

Ollie

CF Legend

Meh. I prefer it when they do their own unique thing rather than just going copy and paste from park to park with exactly the same rides.
Although that said. Forbidden Journey is amazing and one of the best rides I've ever been on.

Josh73

Giga Poster

^ Exactly my thoughts, a copy is sort of an "easy way out". I loved Forbidden Journey as well, though.

Lofty

CF Legend

Oh dear. I think WWoHP is one of the things I'm least excited about going to Florida for. I'm really not fussed about it at all. I'm looking forward to riding Forbidden Journey, but apart from that, the rest bores me.It's just ridiculous how they literally throw things around each park and make everything "same-y'.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

I keep looking at this topic and trying to work out why there's a Hewlett Packard world opening and why it's exciting to [coaster] geeks...

Gazza

Giga Poster

^And I Don't get why the topic title isn't just something good like "Wizarding World of Harry Potter coming to USJ". Its not as if the character limit prevents a decent topic title.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Perfect Gazza, couldn't be arsed wording it myself! Thanks. :D