What's new

New trains for Gwazi!

CMonster

Giga Poster
I didn't really want to put this into the Cheetah Hunt topic and clutter everything up, so here it is!

It appears from the photo on this page that new Millennium Flyer trains (at least one) is sitting on the tracks. Also, there are new banners saying, "The Cheetahs are coming, but these big cats are about to unleash their own NEW Breed of Speed."

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
An image from RCPro:
DSCN2640.jpg

Posted by A-Kid in the Chunt topic.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Don't know how much the new train will improve the ride, but hopefully it will make quite a difference. Maybe they'll also re-track the bad bits for the new trains and make this a top notch woodie.
Either way, it's great that we'll have something else new to try when we go there for the Cheetah Hunt opening. :--D

Snoo

The Legend
I hope everyone doesn't assume that the ride will automatically be better simply because of the trains. The course wasn't exactly smooth as butter and I've known a number of GCI's to be rough even with the MF trains.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Well, MF certainly help navigate those turns and twisty layouts. Besides, Busch should retrack the whole ride prior to put these beauties on.

marc

CF Legend
The ride is being re tracked in places at the moment, and it needed it. I was shocked just how bad it got in the 3 years since I last went on it, mind you riding at the back probably did not help.

I am pleased they are trying to make it better rather than remove it.

I hated the trains that were on the ride, they were hard to get in and out of and just felt the seats were small.

Nic

Strata Poster
marc said:
I hated the trains that were on the ride, they were hard to get in and out of and just felt the seats were small.
Wow! If you thought that, imagine how the average American felt?! ;)

Snoo

The Legend
Funny, the average American weighs about as much as me. I felt great getting into the train. ;)

Ben

CF Legend
Screamscape says they'll start running these next Saturday, the 22nd.

I thought these were on the tracks for AGES though, I saw pictures of at least a car on it last year I thought...

Snoo

The Legend
They only tested it on one side last year.. they haven't been around in ages or have simply been hidden.

STC

Mega Poster
Ben said:
Screamscape says they'll start running these next Saturday, the 22nd.

I thought these were on the tracks for AGES though, I saw pictures of at least a car on it last year I thought...
They borrowed a spare Millenium Flyer for a test off another GCI, and then gave it back. :)

msep003

Roller Poster
Nic said:
marc said:
Wow! If you thought that, imagine how the average American felt?! ;)

Actually it is the same thing on Ghostrider at Knotts .

marc

CF Legend
Having just seen a video of these trains testing I do not think it will be much smooth unless the seats are spring loaded.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Agreed. I think they look great, just interested to hear how they ride now...