What's new

New Simulator for Universal Studios Orlando?

Venom2053

Hyper Poster
I found this very interesting as i really enjoy Universal Studios. Click the link to read more...

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/featur ... -ride.html

It basically explains how the park is closing the Jimmy Neutron ride in order to make space for a new simulator.
Has anyone heard any rumours on what it might be?
I've heard it may be a "despicable me" themed simulator

love to hear what everyone thinks :?:

Nicky

Hyper Poster
Jimmy Neutron was closed midweek while I was there but open at the weekends when it is busier. It suffers the fate of being one of the first rides as you walk into the park so attracts some long queues. I can see why they are replacing it as it is a bit of an old idea. Didn't make it any less enjoyable though. It was nice to have something that wasn't 3D.

Lofty

CF Legend
Yeah, the rumours circulating at present say that it's going to be an attraction themed to Despicable Me, in order of the film's second release in 2012 (I think).

I, personally, think this is fantastic news, it's such an amazing film, I just hope the second one is as fantastic as the first.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^It is, but I thought that most of them were also pretty awesome. :p

Ollie

CF Legend
It's a Despicable Me ride and upgrade for the Spider-Man attraction.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_BUrej61Vw&feature=feedu[/youtube]

Lofty

CF Legend
And the award for the WORST public speakers ever goes to...

Anyway, I'm really excited about this, I adore Despicable Me. It's a fantastic film, plus, they're going to have LOADS of Minions. What can go wrong?!

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
As I said on Facebook yesterday when I saw the news...

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

WANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNT!

nadroJ

CF Legend
Meh. That is all for now, until I see concept art all I can picture is a new ride video and retheme, similar to The Simpsons Ride. I'm sure it'll be fun though, those cartoon rides always are.

Anyone got an idea on what they're actually doing to Spiderman then?