What's new

Riyadh Winter Wonderland | Sky Loop | Premier Sky Rocket II | 2022

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
RMC JUST TOLD ME PERSONALLY THAT THEIR SHUTTING DOWN!!!! THIS MAKES ME WANNA SHUT DO-
No.

Not that.

This.

https://www.reddit.com/r/rollercoasters/comments/ps4d0f Apparently, permits were filed in October of 2019, and the thing has been under construction since just before COVID at least. It's going where Rhino Rally's station was,
Just 17 days earlier, though...
https://www.reddit.com/r/rollercoasters/comments/phc06e This track has been basically confirmed to be a Skyrocket 2. The question is.........where is it going?

Discuss here.

(PS. The TyronInsider quote at the top was sarcasm.)

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Are these two related? We could start a separate construction thread for each of them eventually, so it could be a little messy to discuss both in the same thread.

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
Alright. The Screaming Swing is the only one that is actually under construction (Land clearing where Rhino Rally was), while we have no idea where the coaster track is going. I'll start up a thread for the Screaming Swing, and we'll discuss the coaster track here.

Wazzupnerds

Mega Poster
Alright, since this should be split off for that yellow SR2, I have a few guesses.

1. Homer me, Alabama Adventure, Con-man Dan needs to live up to his promise of a new steel coaster coming to the park, and while I am not a huge SR2 fan, this would be something unique to the entire Southeast region, not just Alabama.

2. SFOG, brings the launch to SFOG, and fits well within the Splashwater space.

3. Chiiiiyna. Hey, they buy just about everything now.

Skyye

Mega Poster
could efteling be a possible location? theyre apparently getting a 2023 addition but it has no extra info on the rcdb page

edit: i know it says it has a circus theme but also... yellow is a weird coaster color for track so maybe?

Ethan

Strata Poster
could efteling be a possible location? theyre apparently getting a 2023 addition but it has no extra info on the rcdb page

edit: i know it says it has a circus theme but also... yellow is a weird coaster color for track so maybe?
Does Efteling have height limits?

richardcrete

Mega Poster
Efteling's 2023 coaster is sheduled to be a Intamin Family Launch Coaster, rumored to be named "Circus Balancé". The coaster should open near Efteling Hotel, and the 2030 expansion plan ("Wereld van de Efteling 2030") has been validated recently.

Skyye

Mega Poster
Efteling's 2023 coaster is sheduled to be a Intamin Family Launch Coaster, rumored to be named "Circus Balancé". The coaster should open near Efteling Hotel, and the 2030 expansion plan ("Wereld van de Efteling 2030") has been validated recently.
Not likely. They don't have a strong track record for working with American manufacturers except when necessary and given the capacity/ride, a SR2 is a weak bet.
ah i see. sorry
Does Efteling have height limits?
now that i realize, they might. none of their rides are over 100ft / ~31m

Dar

Hyper Poster
If efteling get a SR2 ill jump off the top of Stealth, no way they'd ever get something so 'big', ugly and low capacity
VelociCircusCoaster when?

I would be very impressed if s&s figured out inverted coasters and started selling interlocking sit-down and inverted sky rockets. Could even theme it to a trapeze act at efteling!

Ethan

Strata Poster
If efteling get a SR2 ill jump off the top of Stealth, no way they'd ever get something so 'big', ugly and low capacity
I mean nobody thought they'd buy a dive coaster so, who knows? I highly doubt it though, so I do agree with you.

Do the Sky Rocket IIs have the option of a dual loading station like Mr Freeze or maybe a turntable ala Pulsar? Just wondering.

Wazzupnerds

Mega Poster
I mean nobody thought they'd buy a dive coaster so, who knows? I highly doubt it though, so I do agree with you.

Do the Sky Rocket IIs have the option of a dual loading station like Mr Freeze or maybe a turntable ala Pulsar? Just wondering.
Yes, I think the only example in action is Zombie Ride at Bosque Magico

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
Guys, this is not for Efteling...

1. Homer me, Alabama Adventure, Con-man Dan needs to live up to his promise of a new steel coaster coming to the park, and while I am not a huge SR2 fan, this would be something unique to the entire Southeast region, not just Alabama.

Out of curiosity, why do you call him Con-man Dan? 😅

Wazzupnerds

Mega Poster
Guys, this is not for Efteling...

Out of curiosity, why do you call him Con-man Dan? 😅
He has been far behind on his promises he made when he bought the park. He stated multiple times a new steel coaster would be coming, alone with more attention on the dry side of the park. Instead, the park is now a water park with kiddie rides and an excellent wooden coaster.