What's new

New Logo for Seal Sanctuaries

TP Rich

Hyper Poster
The Seal Sanctuaries in Gweek and Oban have recieved new logos for 2012.

sealife_sanctuaries_logo.jpg

I think it looks great - a modern and more professional looking logo.

Martyn B

CF Legend
I'm confused, why is this news? Is this some chain of Seal Sanctuaries? And what the **** is Gweek and Oban?

Martyn B

CF Legend
Ahhh, I see. I think there's more than two then, as I believe there is one in Hunstanton, Norfolk.

Still, its not news really, is it?

T0M

Hyper Poster
Ben said:
I thought there was one in Scarborough.

Still, nobody cares.

That isn't owned by Merlin.

Given that they love rolling things out en masse, it wouldn't surprise me if they took over there. Perhaps we'll see more pop up if they've developed a specific logo. In Sydney, they have rebranded a zoo Wild Life, so who knows their future direction.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Ben said:
Really? It's on the website?

Yeah, but Scarborough is a special administration region of England so it isn't counted ;)

Anyway, how long have Merlin owned these sanctuaries now? I went to the one in Cornwall 14 years ago or something and it was okay for an hour or two if you like watching big fat dopey looking mammals flopping around in pools out of their natural habitat. Not that different to a trip to Water World in Stoke though if I'm honest.

How long before we see Merlin take them all over and have a new lot of branding? The Seal Eye, Seal Dungeons and Seal 4D. I quite liked the one in Skegness actually, it'd be a shame to see a corporate take-over ruin the mild naffness.

Robbie

Hyper Poster
Ben said:
Tom G said:
Ben said:
I thought there was one in Scarborough.

Still, nobody cares.

That isn't owned by Merlin.

Really? It's on the website?
Scarborough is more of a Sea Life with a Sanctuary bit on the side. You can visit all 11 Sea-Life/Seal Sanctuary sites on the Merlin pass (plus, of course, the two in Alton and Chessington).

This 'new' logo has been at the other Sea Lifes for a while - I didn't realise they hadn't rolled them out to the actual Sanctuaries themselves!

nealbie

CF Legend
And the one in Legoland <3

Scarborough has a turtle sanctuary avec MASSIVE **** TURTLE OF DOOM!

furie, I went to the one in Gweek in 2008 & 2010 and the only thing Merlin have done is tidy the place up, it's still naff and pleasant for a couple of hours. :)

Nic

Strata Poster
I went to the one in Gweek in about 1989. I don't really remember it, but I do remember having a souvenir window sticker from there. Does that count?

If was was in the area, and bored, then I'd probably go and have a look (especially as its on the AP) but I wouldn't bother otherwise.

As for the logo, I'm not sure I really like it. However, it brings it into line (kinda) with the main Sealife one, so I guess that's a good thing.