What's new

American Dream | New Jersey USA | Mega Mall/Nickelodeon Theme Park

Gazza

Giga Poster
This place looks like one of those Chinese indoor parks, just 2d painted walls and gross colour schemes.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Prices going UP

"Starting Nov. 15, the prices of the all-access pass — recommended for people taller than 48 inches who want "the most thrilling experiences" — will go from $49.99 to $79.99. The general access pass, for smaller visitors who may skip out on the large rides, will go from $39.99 to $59.99, according to the website. Don't forget about parking, either.

Here are the parking rates:

• Up to 30 minutes: Free.
  • Up to three hours: $3.
  • Up to five hours: $4.
  • Up to seven hours: $5.
  • Up to eight hours: $6.
  • More than eight hours is a $24 maximum for all-day parking."

This feel's like price gouging even by Metro NYC standards. these will be some expensive creds, and trying to do this plus the shore will be quite the expensive trip.

Edward M

Strata Poster
It’s metro NYC. Everything’s more expensive there.

Okay, yes NYC is expensive as hell, but $80?!?! I can verify that is really expensive, even for NYC. I mean that's $20 less than a day at Disneyland or Universal, parks with more than a handful of rides open (and much, much more quality). It's worth noting that it's $80 on weekends only, it will be $60 Mon-Thu. Still outrageous but at least slightly better. Also, according to the site at least, Shredder and Nickelodeon Streak are open, with everything else notable being closed.

I really wonder if this will backfire for them. I can't think of anyone outside of our niche group who'd be willing to pay $80 to get in, and I think a lot of people on the site still wouldn't shell it out. So, a family of four, wanting to ride anything worthwhile, would pay $320 for a single day. Not including parking, food, etc...

Niles

Giga Poster
Well I went today, and eghh

This was my one day I could go and I got zero of the coasters. However it will be a fun park once it’s up and running and worth the current $50 per person, I will do a full trip report soon with more detail when I’m back from the USA.

Sorry for lack of pics there to large to upload from phone but I’ll post more in the report.

The coasters:

Sandys bb: still has workers causing sparks and it looks like one of the cars has valleyed. Don’t think it will open soon.

Shredder: no movement but test dummies are in trains

Timmy’s hp: was being mildly tested but not much else.

Nick ss: no testing no movement

Shellraiser: was being tested, sad watching it go round and round, it looks amazing.
3C23DB10-805D-4B93-A234-F727FBF8DF18.jpeg

E9ECD875-BFD0-4A9C-A3C7-6462F92C83A1.jpeg

A lot needs to be done and I would not recommend going until 100% sure it’s all working, also the water park looks very good and I think once the whole mall is up and running you could spend days here.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Okay, yes NYC is expensive as hell, but $80?!?! I can verify that is really expensive, even for NYC.

Oh for sure. I was being a wee bit hyperbolic but people do tend to forget the NYC surcharge. Even with that yeah this is incredibly expensive.

As to your other point I suspect it will do more hurt them but if they can get everything up and running and themes better then I think they can earn some goodwill back

Magic-Man

Mega Poster
Okay, yes NYC is expensive as hell, but $80?!?! I can verify that is really expensive, even for NYC. I mean that's $20 less than a day at Disneyland or Universal, parks with more than a handful of rides open (and much, much more quality). It's worth noting that it's $80 on weekends only, it will be $60 Mon-Thu. Still outrageous but at least slightly better. Also, according to the site at least, Shredder and Nickelodeon Streak are open, with everything else notable being closed.

I really wonder if this will backfire for them. I can't think of anyone outside of our niche group who'd be willing to pay $80 to get in, and I think a lot of people on the site still wouldn't shell it out. So, a family of four, wanting to ride anything worthwhile, would pay $320 for a single day. Not including parking, food, etc...

Parking is included with a Nickelodeon Universe ticket I think, but I also wonder if these are temporary prices until the rest of the mall opens. It's the only thing there at the moment.

I'm at the park today, shredder and slimestreak are both open but shellraiser is closed at least for now. I saw some intamin engineers working on the half pipe (it has the taron style restraints - is that a first?). The back car of the other intamin is separated from the front two and on a maintenance section of track. Parking is not manned at the moment and the barriers are up so it appears to be free.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I'm at the park today, shredder and slimestreak are both open but shellraiser is closed at least for now. I saw some intamin engineers working on the half pipe (it has the taron style restraints - is that a first?). The back car of the other intamin is separated from the front two and on a maintenance section of track. Parking is not manned at the moment and the barriers are up so it appears to be free.
Are most of the other rides open? And was Shellraiser showing signs of testing?

I saw some engineers looking at the bottom of the vertical lift earlier but otherwise not much moment on shellraiser. I've currently left to get some lunch as there's no hot food in the park, but I'll be heading back in approximately one beers time.

The drop/shot has been testing quite often and is filed with dummies, the air air race outer open, and quite a lot of the flat rides in general seem to be running, are the any rides you want to know about in particular?

Pear

Strata Poster
(it has the taron style restraints - is that a first?)
Both the halfpipe and launch have Altair style restraints, not Taron. They're similar but have some small differences. Pantheon will have the first Taron style restraints in the US.

Both the halfpipe and launch have Altair style restraints, not Taron. They're similar but have some small differences. Pantheon will have the first Taron style restraints in the US.
I stand corrected, I probably couldn't tell the difference without looking very closely, the main thing is that they're lap bars and not otsrs

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I saw some engineers looking at the bottom of the vertical lift earlier but otherwise not much moment on shellraiser. I've currently left to get some lunch as there's no hot food in the park, but I'll be heading back in approximately one beers time.

The drop/shot has been testing quite often and is filed with dummies, the air air race outer open, and quite a lot of the flat rides in general seem to be running, are the any rides you want to know about in particular?
Just interested in the rides that are still closed. I heard rumours that only around half the rides are open, but the website shows that only around 4-5 rides are still unopened.

Just interested in the rides that are still closed. I heard rumours that only around half the rides are open, but the website shows that only around 4-5 rides are still unopened.
I think everything apart from shellraiser, blasting bronco, the drop tower and the half pipe seem to be open. There appears to be sure engineers working on bronco at the moment and the seats have been removed from the half pipe.