What's new

American Dream | New Jersey USA | Mega Mall/Nickelodeon Theme Park

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
They seem temporary to me, since they appear to be fastened with a clamp ring of sorts around the columns rather than being welded to them. Besides, they're so long and slender they're there to take up tension forces, which usually is taken care of through other arrangements. I mean, if cross ties like that were necessary to make the great big hall stand up properly, you'd see them in a lot more places, and this is the first time I've seen anything like it spanned across the hall in that weird way.

You beat me to it - that interface at the top of the pillar suggests they're temporary until the structure is closer to completion.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yeah, that's exactly what they are.

Actually, they're a pretty elegant solution to the problem - usually they just do the whole thing with scaffolding!

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Damn, homie. This place is going to have such a neat feel while walking through it. The two coasters look awesome already!

Pear

Strata Poster
I really hope it opens next year! I'll definitely check it out as it's only about 3 hours from me.

It will be great to take a trip down there during winter as well to get some rides in during the off season.

Pear

Strata Poster
21ibjl08i8q11.png

image1.jpg

image0.jpg

Source

Last edited:

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Meh, I think not.
While WEM has Mindbender, an absolute masterpiece of a coaster... The rest of the park is rather lackluster with the haunted house and fun house being the only other "stand out" attractions at Galaxyland. I much preferred Mall of America's park as a much more complete package of a park.
So let's say it could rival MOA rather than WEM. ;)

xxx374xxx

Roller Poster
Meh, I think not.
While WEM has Mindbender, an absolute masterpiece of a coaster... The rest of the park is rather lackluster with the haunted house and fun house being the only other "stand out" attractions at Galaxyland. I much preferred Mall of America's park as a much more complete package of a park.
So let's say it could rival MOA rather than WEM. ;)
I Meant The Entire Mall Besides the park

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
WEM is amazing. Mindbender is my #5 overall, with only Skyrush, Maverick, I305 and Voyage ahead. In that order. I loved Galaxy Orbiter at WEM and this spinner should be even better!

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Considering that the same company that built/owns Mall of America is building this, it SHOULD rival MoA. It's literally been nicknamed the east coast MoA.