What's new

American Dream | New Jersey USA | Mega Mall/Nickelodeon Theme Park

Pear

Strata Poster
And so it begins. The Takabisha clone is now vertical (middle of the photo)

d5b2a29c71367137106b940cf5031bb2.jpg

peep

CF Legend
I am unreasonably excited about this and I'm glad there now seems to be a steady stream of construction updates. Although I'm confused that it seems to be going through the roof of the building? Do we think the second half/floor of the hall will be built once more of the coaster is in place?

Pear

Strata Poster
The ride was always supposed to go through the roof at the top. Based on some plans and announcements there will be a big glass bubble at the top so you can get a view of the area.

Ethan

Strata Poster
I wonder whether the drop and roll before the launch will be enclosed like that on Takabisha? I mean, I get that the entire coaster is enclosed, but you get my drift...

William V. Riley

Roller Poster
On the off chance that anybody was pondering what at any point occurred with this venture - the New York Jets and Giants NFL groups brought a claim against the undertaking, questioning that the amusement stop would cause stopping issues at the adjacent football stadium on diversion days. Today the claim was dropped and development would now be able to proceed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
On the off chance that anybody was pondering what at any point occurred with this venture - the New York Jets and Giants NFL groups brought a claim against the undertaking, questioning that the amusement stop would cause stopping issues at the adjacent football stadium on diversion days. Today the claim was dropped and development would now be able to proceed.

Whoa, this is one clever spambot. After seeing the link at the end of its post (now removed) and the sketchy English, I decided to look through the thread to see if it had copied a previous post. And wouldn't you know it:

In case anyone was wondering what ever happened with this project - the New York Jets and Giants NFL teams brought a lawsuit against the project, objecting that the theme park would cause parking problems at the nearby football stadium on game days. Today the lawsuit was dropped and construction can now go ahead. :--D

The bot has copied ECG's post (#15), and swapped out a bunch of terms with synonyms. Hence "Amusement stop", since "park" and "stop" are synonyms in the context of driving cars.

So clever, but not clever enough. Link removed and banhammer gratuitously applied, but I'll let the post stand for now.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Looks like the Takabisha clone is only half built, Although that makes sense if the spinner is to intertwine with it.

Lofty

CF Legend
Are those diagonal cross beam supports on the building structure just for the construction element then they'll get removed? Because they're ****ing ugly.

peep

CF Legend
Are those diagonal cross beam supports on the building structure just for the construction element then they'll get removed? Because they're :emoji_zipper_mouth:ing ugly.

Agreed, hoping they're temporary.

Very excited to see these two coasters completed. A little surprised only the lift hill/drop for the Takabisha clone was installed (from what I can see in the pic anyway), thought some of the other big elements would have been placed before the roof of the building was installed.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Are those diagonal cross beam supports on the building structure just for the construction element then they'll get removed? Because they're :emoji_zipper_mouth:ing ugly.

They seem temporary to me, since they appear to be fastened with a clamp ring of sorts around the columns rather than being welded to them. Besides, they're so long and slender they're there to take up tension forces, which usually is taken care of through other arrangements. I mean, if cross ties like that were necessary to make the great big hall stand up properly, you'd see them in a lot more places, and this is the first time I've seen anything like it spanned across the hall in that weird way.