What's new

New iPod shuffle

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
You want it to talk because it doesn't have a screen! Cunning :)

Mit deLuxe

Hyper Poster
Yes but have actually heard the voice over.... It sounds like a bad version of windows speech! Plus look at the video...Do people actually buy this crap that they are trying to sell us..

marc

CF Legend
Very clever, but they used to give you a thing to control songs via your head phones and then stopped it with the 3rd gen ipods.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I didn't listen to it, but can imagine.

And YES, people really DO buy it... And then love it and tell everyone about how it is the best and nothing else could possibly match it :roll:

marc

CF Legend
I personally have never seen the point of the shuffle, its just to small and does not hold enough.

I can see the point of it on the shuffle though as there is no screen.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
The new Shuffle is very sleek, sexy, and excellently designed.

It is also a big step forward as you get twice the memory for only $10 more compared to the previous model.

Like Brad, I'm chillin chillin with my 30gig Video. :wink:

Mit deLuxe

Hyper Poster
Hyde244 said:
The new Shuffle is very sleek, sexy, and excellently designed.

It is also a big step forward as you get twice the memory for only $10 more compared to the previous model.

Like Brad, I'm chillin chillin with my 30gig Video. :wink:

Meh, I don't really think it's that big of a step forward! Look at the size of regular memory cards for phones. You can buy a 16GB card that is smaller than the new shuffle....But hey that's me.

Looks cool, but I don't like Ipod Shuffles at all. I have to look at the screen and see what is on, and whether or not the Ipod talks to me, I still want my screen.

I like my nano.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Mit deLuxe said:
Meh, I don't really think it's that big of a step forward! Look at the size of regular memory cards for phones. You can buy a 16GB card that is smaller than the new shuffle....But hey that's me.
I meant it was a big step forward in the world of the iPod Shuffle.

The previous model sold 2 gigs for $69.

This model sells 4 gigs for $79.

Twice the space for $10 more.

Gazza

Giga Poster
It seems like a flat out silly product, don't all the compromises associated with making the device that small outweigh the benefit of having it that small in the first place?

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Shuffles are AMAZING to run with! you don't notice it at all. As long as they keep the clip it's allll fine with me!

I have a 32GB iPod touch for walking around and journeys and stuff. Then my little shuffle for running, it's perfect =D.

A

Anonymous

Hyde244 said:
Twice the space for $10 more.
Memory-chips are pretty cheap you know.

Sure it's nice with a small music player, but since you can't use a pair of decent headphones on it (without loosing all the controls) then it's pretty worthless to me.

I still love my Cowon D2, great sound, touchscreen, SD card expansion slot and 2 days of continuous playing.

tks

Strata Poster
I'd prefer an old shuffle with sennheiser headphones.. Still i'll stick with my square nano. It looks nice, has a screen!!! and I only really ever put Genius playlists on it.. So there's not an issue with space.