What's new

New home for Knightmare?

Martyn B

CF Legend
Just spotted this over on Towers Street: http://www.towersstreet.com/talk/thread ... 109/page-6

The Pleasureland Southport owner is looking to get Knightmare relocated to the small seaside park. Given that they used to house an SLC, I can't see Knightmare being a problem. He is certainly talking the talk, he wants the park to be BIG again.

Two bits of big news in one day for us UK goons, exciting stuff!

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Goodness. I do hope that's true, I still need the cred. Also it's great that Southport might actually have something substantial for five minutes.

Robbie

Hyper Poster
It would take a lot more than Knightmare to make Southport the country's Number 1 seaside town. He could buy Nemesis and still be some way off. But anyway, I'm sure the crowds will be lining up to pay £6 a go on Knightmare...

elephant58

Hyper Poster
Once they get rid of the temporary funfair format, then they'll be on the right track. Isn't the Wildcat a permanent attraction? Because, if it is, there's 2 coasters already.....

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
^Yep, they also have a Zamperla children coaster what is also permanent. If they introduce wristbands again I wouldn't mind going but £4 for a big ride is a little steep for my liking.

Robbie

Hyper Poster
The schtick is you only pay for what you ride, but you can have an entire day at Blackpool Pleasure Beach for the same price as 5 goes on their crappy log flume.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
TBH, I was moderately impressed with Southport when I went last season. Ok, so most of the rides weren't open (spite) but it didn't feel as shabby as I expected.

Nightmare still underwhelms me but I'd rather see it settle in a new home than be left to rot.

Ben

CF Legend
He could at least look happy about it, that looks like a Daily Mail photo that should be below the caption "Immigrants Stole My Grandad's War Cred".

I need to get back to Southport and Knightmare was quite good, so yay.

S

SimonSays99

If this would come true another reason to re-visit the UK.

Interesting to know who will do the refurb if this will come to life. Maurer? Gerstlauer? Zierer?

elephant58

Hyper Poster
^Technically Zierer manufactured it though - Schwarzkopf designed it, but as they were no longer in business, Zierer manufactured it.

Robbie

Hyper Poster
Ben said:
He could at least look happy about it, that looks like a Daily Mail photo that should be below the caption "Immigrants Stole My Grandad's War Cred".
That's a "come on, Southport Council, pay for this for me" face.