What's new

PortAventura | Uncharted | Intamin Multi-Dimension Coaster | 2023

Wazzupnerds

Mega Poster
Well… Europe isn’t exactly short on parks other than PA, lol. It could be for some obscure place in the Balkans for all we know.
I'm sorry but I don't get the weird "GUYS IT'S NOT AN AXIS STOP STOP STOP STOP" posting that is going on in this thread. It's the most logical answer that we have so far (hell this could be a new dark ride).

It might just be me because I do Social Media work but I'm starting to smell some corporate rats

cookie

Giga Poster
I'm sorry but I don't get the weird "GUYS IT'S NOT AN AXIS STOP STOP STOP STOP" posting that is going on in this thread. It's the most logical answer that we have so far (hell this could be a new dark ride).

It might just be me because I do Social Media work but I'm starting to smell some corporate rats
1. Bro, chill. There’s no need to get up in arms.
2. Didn’t expect to be accused of being a corporate rat today, but alright. If I was a corporate rat, would I say that PA is badly run and Ferrari Land is so garbage as a separate gate that it makes Walt Disney Studios look like Tokyo DisneySea? lol
3. All I pointed out was that the Axis purchase and PA’s new ride may just be coincidentally timed events and there’s an abundance of parks in Europe that could have bought it other than PA. It still could be an axis, but it might as well not be.
4. I still think a Hot Racer is just as likely.

Last edited:

The_bullgod

Mega Poster
It could’ve been bought for some obscure place in the Balkans for all we know.
No, I think an Axis coaster is way to expensive for those kind of parks.
A lot of European parks already have announched their new additions too. So the only park I think that Axis coaster could go to is Furuvik in Sweden as a replacement for that old Schwarzkopf coaster.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Hmm now that Hot Racer has been mentioned, that does sound plausible. Would fit in the small footprint they've got to work with, and could maybe be themed to a rattlesnake or something else western? Many possibilities, it's very exciting! Just visited PA in April though so it'll have to be something pretty mega to get me back there anything soon.

Matt N

CF Legend
Funnily enough, I actually seem to remember one of the Spanish fansites saying that an Intamin Hot Racer was rumoured for PA in 2023 back last year, so perhaps that suggestion does have some weight to it?

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
I called a Hot Racer for PortAventura a long time ago (albeit in Ferrari Land), but I'm not really warm to it. It won't be a great fit for the area and park, it will have a hard time complimenting the existing coaster lineup, plus I've heard some substandard things about the existing installation in Australia. Namely, it's a fairly shaky attraction and the odd idea to use drive tires are brakes has cled to technical difficulties. I'd like to see more of that coaster model elsewhere, but not here. That's all just opinion though and not a dismissal of the notion.

Ethan

Strata Poster
It won't be a great fit for the area and park, it will have a hard time complimenting the existing coaster lineup, plus I've heard some substandard things about the existing installation in Australia. Namely, it's a fairly shaky attraction and the odd idea to use drive tires are brakes has cled to technical difficulties. I'd like to see more of that coaster model elsewhere, but not here. That's all just opinion though and not a dismissal of the notion.
So it's got a rattle, some technical issues and poor throughput... Shouldn't it fit in PA perfectly? ;)

I know what you mean though, I've heard the same thing about Big Dipper. Can Hot Racers have lift hills or are they only advertising them with tyre launches?

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
I know what you mean though, I've heard the same thing about Big Dipper. Can Hot Racers have lift hills or are they only advertising them with tyre launches?
Right now it’s being exclusively marketed as a launch coaster, although if a client were to ask them specifically for a lift hill then they might go with it. Seems very clear that they’re trying not to step on RMC’s toes with this one, which is ironic given that the Hot Racer development was pushed in part by the Raptors’ success.

Indy

Hyper Poster
Right now it’s being exclusively marketed as a launch coaster, although if a client were to ask them specifically for a lift hill then they might go with it. Seems very clear that they’re trying not to step on RMC’s toes with this one, which is ironic given that the Hot Racer development was pushed in part by the Raptors’ success.
I don't think it has anything to do with not wanting to step on toes. Launches are generally more marketable than lift hills and the Hot Racer design is simplified by the fact that the entire launch and braking system is tire-based. Therefore, they don't have to incorporate chain dogs or ARBs into the trains. They only require a skid plate. Super simple which makes it relatively cheaper and easier to maintain.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
I don't think it has anything to do with not wanting to step on toes. Launches are generally more marketable than lift hills and the Hot Racer design is simplified by the fact that the entire launch and braking system is tire-based. Therefore, they don't have to incorporate chain dogs or ARBs into the trains. They only require a skid plate. Super simple which makes it relatively cheaper and easier to maintain.
If assume with the loss of some reliability though. Tire launches don't run well in the wet as they are prone to slippage, which i believe is the reason Jet Rescue was built with tunnels over both launches to prevent issues during the rains.

James F

Hyper Poster
Begs the question if it is a hot racer will they will have a moving loading platform similar to Wonder Woman? as I don't believe this is a feature on Big Dipper.

opivy028

Mega Poster
I called a Hot Racer for PortAventura a long time ago (albeit in Ferrari Land), but I'm not really warm to it. It won't be a great fit for the area and park, it will have a hard time complimenting the existing coaster lineup, plus I've heard some substandard things about the existing installation in Australia. Namely, it's a fairly shaky attraction and the odd idea to use drive tires are brakes has cled to technical difficulties. I'd like to see more of that coaster model elsewhere, but not here. That's all just opinion though and not a dismissal of the notion.
If I’m not mistaken the drive tire system on Big Dipper was stipulated by the park to limit noise as there’s an apartment/condo complex right next to the ride. I imagine they would use a different launch/brake system if not for those limitations, but I could be wrong.

bratcurry

Mega Poster
Maybe I'm lost in the tube world but what Big Dipper are y'all talking about? The only Big Dippers I and RCDB know are MACK products thousands of miles away from PortAventura?? o_O