What's new

New Coaster at Wiener Prater

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
It's a gerstlauer bobsled apparently
I wonder if it could be a clone of Green Hornet at Motiongate Dubai, or if this is a custom layout... out of interest, can anyone identify where in the park this is located?

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Is this a permanent new addition? Was there any plans published for it and lastly is that an Olympia Looping lorry?
Yeah good spot, it appears to be so. It looks like they're using the OL crane to build this ride. OL did a season at Prater a couple of summers back so I am guessing they're in good contact and OL was meant to be at the Hamburg Dom this week but obviously that was cancelled so I guess they took the opportunity to use the kit. That's my guess anyway, interesting.

TilenB

Strata Poster

w8erbahn

Roller Poster
Judging by the photos, it appears to be located here, so it seems like it's replacing a couple of small flat rides.

Actually this spot was abandoned for many many years. They build „something“, a tower like strukture but never finished It. After a few years they finally removed it. The flat ride you see on Google Maps was there after that for just one season.

edit: The location is right

TilenB

Strata Poster
Actually this spot was abandoned for many many years. They build „something“, a tower like strukture but never finished It. After a few years they finally removed it. The flat ride you see on Google Maps was there after that for just one season.

edit: The location is right
Yeah, that tower structure was still there when I last visited in early 2017, so I can imagine those flat rides couldn't have been there for too long.

JammyH

Hyper Poster
Looks rather permanent, on the off chance does anyone know if Olympia or Teststrecke still frequent here out of Oktoberfest?
Testrecke has gone to Saudi Arabia with Mellors. I'm pretty sure that OL only stood here for 2 seasons and Höllenblitz only came for one.

I think Dr Archibald VR attraction was supposed to be at the prater on that position this year but I imagine that has probably fallen through now.