What's new

Never going there again!

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
Not taking any new creds into consideration, these two parks is not somewhere I would like to return to.

BonBon-Land - This park was one of the most amazing places for me as a kid but ever since Parques Reunidos has taken ownership, the park has decreased in quality and after my visit in 2012 I have no intentions of returning.

Thorpe Park - Impressive coaster and flat-ride lineup, but everything else at Thorpe Park is working against them.

Indiana Beach

Noo, I LOVED Indiana Beach! It's something so different to a lot of American parks and it had a cool feel about it. I'd love to go back.

I don't think I'd ever NOT return to a theme park to be honest. If a park was garbage the first time around, I'm usually inclined to give it a second shot if I'm in the area at least. Michigan's Adventure, to me, is a park that really would have to get a really fantastic addition for me to have a desire to go back. That being said, I've been twice and their wooden coaster on a good day is worth going in for. Other than that though, the white concrete is blinding and the line up leaves a LOT to be desired. Thankfully it's never busy, because I couldn't imagine going there on a busy day and actually having to wait for most of the rides there. The water park is decent if you're into that sort of thing, which I am not. If I'm ever in the area though, I can't say I wouldn't stop by for a few hours. Sometimes, given a few years, parks sort themselves out and get rid of the "bugs," so I don't like to not give things additional chances.

One park though, that I'd really HATE going back to, is La Ronde. The park itself is average, with Goliath and a Batman clone to sort of make the lineup half decent, but the operations were abysmal and the lack of shade in 110 degree heat was horrific. It wasn't even THAT busy, but everything had one train operations and staff that were more interested in socializing with one another than dispatching trains. Monstre had like, MAYBE 100 people in line for each side (do the math, that's like, no more than a few trains), and I waited almost an hour. If I'm ever back in Montreal, I'm going to focus more on the culture of the city, but if I had an extra day to kill I might consider going back.

So yeah, that's about it. Carowinds would be a close call but they have a few okay creds to make a return trip worth it, especially with the addition of Fury.

XLR8R

Roller Poster
Buffalo Bill's

While it's not really an amusement park, it does have Desperado, a log flume, and a few other minor attractions. However, the park has many issues such as:

-Half of Desperado's air gates are broken and the remaining that work open and close with such great force, it can injure someone
-The log flume goes through a wooden tunnel where you can smell the musty air of rotting wood
-One of the perimeter gates near the entrance of the hotel was wide open, where one could easily walk into the splashdown pool of the log flume
-Desperado's seats had a bunch of particles that were coming off and going onto my pants
-Desperado has five-minute dispatches due to its low popularity (I rode on a Saturday during Spring Break season)
-The park's S&S tower is SBNO and is rotting away
-The park has really ghetto employees

Honestly, the only thing going for this place is Desperado, which is a decent coaster (even though its much rougher and isn't as good as Magnum). I would recommend going there just for the credit as Desperado is slightly worth it and it's a good pit stop on the drive from So Cal to Vegas. Though, don't plan on spending more than 30 minutes at Buffalo Bill's or Primm, Nevada.

S

SimonSays99

and no one there speaks English.

If that is bothering you do not travel to Spain, France or Italy. But so far I always got along there using hands and feet and with modern smartphones one can always use like Google Translate if everything else fails - I always have some important quotes ready to play like "Were is the train station?" or more important "A large beer, please". :wink:

Martyn B

CF Legend
^ Eh? I've been to 3 parks in Spain (Warner, PdA and PA) and I never had any issues with the language.

Neat thread by the way, though I can't think of anywhere I'd never return. I'm too much of a goon to say I'd never go back, no matter how much of a dump it is!

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster
Flamingoland would have to get something pretty significant to get me to go back. Admittedly I loved Cliff Hanger to bits, and I guess Mumbo Jumbo and Velocity were ok, but the rest of the park is naff and the operations are dire. Seriously, even Oakwood's operations are leagues ahead of theirs.

Lightwater Valley will also be on the list once I have finally ridden the Ultimate (damn that spiting) there's really not much else at the park that can justify the entrance price for me.

I would consider saying Oakwood considering how far out the park is, how bad the operations are and how much of a dump the place is, but then again Megafobia is a fantastic ride and Speed can be fun too.

lachlan

Mega Poster
silenthillXD said:
Flamingoland would have to get something pretty significant to get me to go back. Admittedly I loved Cliff Hanger to bits, and I guess Mumbo Jumbo and Velocity were ok, but the rest of the park is naff and the operations are dire. Seriously, even Oakwood's operations are leagues ahead of theirs.

Lightwater Valley will also be on the list once I have finally ridden the Ultimate (damn that spiting) there's really not much else at the park that can justify the entrance price for me.

I would consider saying Oakwood considering how far out the park is, how bad the operations are and how much of a dump the place is, but then again Megafobia is a fantastic ride and Speed can be fun too.

Thats pretty much how I feel about Flamingo Land too. I suppose it would be a good day out for someone who likes zoos, but the amusement park just annoyed me. The operations are awful! Mumbo Jumbo was good, but it always had a long queue - even on the quiet days I was there. I would have taken the Wild Mouse over the new "Hero" anyday and they still havn't replaced Corkscrew with anything. Unless they installed a new roller coaster that actually looks good, I would happily never go back.

On the flipside, I loved Lightwater Valley. The Ultimate is far better than anything Flamingo Land has to offer IMO. Add to that the nicely themed Raptor Attack and some nice flat rides. However I heard that the Whirlwind is being removed soon, which is a real shame.

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster
lachlan said:
Thats pretty much how I feel about Flamingo Land too. I suppose it would be a good day out for someone who likes zoos, but the amusement park just annoyed me. The operations are awful! Mumbo Jumbo was good, but it always had a long queue - even on the quiet days I was there. I would have taken the Wild Mouse over the new "Hero" anyday and they still havn't replaced Corkscrew with anything. Unless they installed a new roller coaster that actually looks good, I would happily never go back.

On the flipside, I loved Lightwater Valley. The Ultimate is far better than anything Flamingo Land has to offer IMO. Add to that the nicely themed Raptor Attack and some nice flat rides. However I heard that the Whirlwind is being removed soon, which is a real shame.

Yeah the park has a pretty poor coaster line-up. Mumbo and Velocity were interesting but not strong enough to hold up the park on their own. Thankfully there are some decent flats, I enjoyed Cliff Hanger a lot and Flip Flop was good, but yeah the operations let them down. Even if they did have better operations, they still lack the variety a park like Drayton has. Honestly I think Flamingo Land could learn a ton from Drayton.

I must admit The Ultimate looks amazing, I am so annoyed it was down the day I went, I would love to ride it some day. Oh and totally agree about Raptor Attack, it was themed perfectly and was highly enjoyable, it's just not very re-ridable. Likewise the flat I managed to go on, Whirlwind, was amazing, but arguably too intense for a re-ride. Shame I didn't get to go on Eagles Claw, I think it would have been amazing. But it was either wait for that or go to the York Dungeons, and I don't regret skipping it to go to the fab York Dungeons.

TommyAlex

Mega Poster
Shows how great the park line up is in UK!

Whilst there was no problem with it, I have no plan to return to lego land Windsor. I went when I was a kid, and there's just nothing there to my taste anymore. I do like the lego london, though.

Barnsey

Roller Poster
Six Flags America, the longest 2 hours I've ever spent in a park. All the worst elements of Six Flags in one place, with it's saving grace being Superman. Seriously found this park dodgy on several levels and a bit grim.

As for the UK, I'd probably vote for M&D's, to actually come off a coaster bleeding is never fun. I'm sure you know the one I'm on about, and just don't, Pinfari were never supposed to build above 25ft :|

singforfood

Roller Poster
I was kind of underwhelmed with Six Flags New England, tbh. Bizarro was really the only ride that stood out for me (and I didn't even get to ride it), and layout makes all the major attractions feel like they're miles apart. The addition of Wicked Cyclone would probably be enough to revisit if I was ever back in MA, but not enough to plan another trip around.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
If it wasn't for El Toro and Nitro, I'd legitimately never go back to Six Flags Great Adventure!
Everything else ridden when I'm there is solely because I paid the $ and I'm there so of course you have to.
I'm quite sincere.

I can't think of any park I'd never to again because it was that bad an experience. Luckily it's just not happened to me. If it did, I'd try it again, but if it continued to disappoint (and of course doesn't have any redeeming rides) then sure, I'd never go again. Bad days happen, and some parks really are run terribly and are not fun to be in (SF New England was quite nightmarish) but they have good enough rides we go still. In these cases, us enthusiasts are hosed :lol: we're always gunna keep going.

That said, some parks are just lackluster, and even if they were fine...just don't have enough to warrant going again. Especially if they are out of the way.
Darien Lake comes to mind.
Before it closed Geauga Lake was another. Funny since it had a good amount of stuff but nothing great, unique and Cedar Point is right there...
While I like Dorney Park a lot, (yes) I've not gone since I was in High School and Hydra was new for the year. With Hershey nearby, Dorney just doesn't offer enough for me to need to go.

Mike

Giga Poster
The two that immediately come to mind are Kings Dominion and Indiana Beach. Both are vile places which I hated with quite a passion... Although saying that, Kings Dominion does have a few creds that I need...

In the UK, I'd be really hard pushed to go back to either Flamingo Land or Oakwood.

Snoo

The Legend
Don't you dare hate Indiana Beach. It's a GEM.. GEM I SAY!!! :)

Six Flags America is the only park I truly despised with my being. I wouldn't go if someone gave me free tickets and I was in Washington.