Which one looks better?

• Nemesis

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Black Mamba

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

FastAndFurious

Mega Poster
Two world's class leading terrain B&M inverted coasters. The legend of Alton Towers against the newest Phantasialand's toy. Which one looks better?

Please state if you have ridden both coasters, one or neither.

A

Anonymous

Nemesis ofcourse!

I'ts so intense I want to ride it and ride it !

AWESOME ride, Love it!

Ben

CF Legend
Black Mamba.

It has the nicer layout, the nicer theme. It's actually themed and not just rocks. Nemesis is hideous, Mamba is beautiful.

joe

Mega Poster
Have you seen the Black Mamba pictures!? They made me go crazy! One of the best, if not the best, theme's I have seen!

Ive only been on Nemesis, but I can imagine Mamba being so much better.

Black Mamba. They both looks very good but Black Mamba's theme stands out to me as being over the top (in a good way), and more unique than Nemesis' theme. They both have the same amount of inversions, but according to RCDB, Black Mamba has more elements.

However, I do think that Nemesis has a far better colour scheme with those wicked rusted supports and that white track.

Hard choice since I've been on neither (which then again makes it less biased), they both look great and they probably both are better than any other North American invert besides maybe Alpengeist.

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
I haven't heard any reviews of the relative intensity of Black Mamba's layout, but right now I'd have to say that for the sheer amazing theming and great layout. Both rides have a great concept to work with, and I think Mamba pulled it off better.

Macrae

Roller Poster
I've been on Nemesis and only found it ok. From looking at many pictures of Mamba, i'd go for that. It's one of the sexiest coasters in the world!

spicy

Giga Poster
Well I am going to say Nemesis....

You got to think about it like this, Nemesis is now 12 years old, Black Mamba is what a month old? Back in 1994 Nemesis was just amazing nothing had ever been seen like that before. If Nemesis was just a month old in the year 2006 I gurantee it would be better looking than it is now.

Technology has changed you can probably do alot more with theming than you could when Nemesis was built and to some Nemesis still looks better than Black Mamba, surely thats saying something?

Maybe im just a Nemesis fanboy and sticking up for it but thats the way I think it should be looked at, so im voting Nemesis!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Even ignoring Ben's blatent anti-fanboyism, the ride itself looks stunning. I'm assuming that everyone who claims the theming on Nemesis is better just hasn't seen any pictures of Black Mamba?

It is quite clearly one of the best themed rides EVER. Well done indeed to Black Mamba on that front.

The layout itself looks very good, but I'm gonig to reserve judgement on which is better until I ride it.

However, I already know that Nemesis is NOT the best B&M Invert in the world, so I'm quite willing to accept the fact that the ride could be better on Black Mamba. It'll be interesting to hear people's comparisons.

Anyway, from the pure look of the ride, it HAS to be Black Mamba...

Sam

Giga Poster
I think the fact that everyone is comparing Black Mamba to Nemesis goes to show just what a good ride Nemesis still is (or that people see it as a good ride). Don't forget too that Nemesis is a full 12 years older than its rival in this poll.

As I'm unlikely to ride Black Mamba for a long time (well past the lifetime of this topic) I won't vote, but only say that if Black Mamba is to be better than Nemesis, it is going to have to be one ****ing hell of a good ride.

A

Anonymous

Black Mamba looks better with it's theming, but I dont know whether it's a better ride experience than Nemmy cause I aint riden it yet! I'm sure it'll be great but it does have a huge task to exceed the thrills of the AT Legend!

A

Anonymous

Sam said:
I think the fact that everyone is comparing Black Mamba to Nemesis goes to show just what a good ride Nemesis still is (or that people see it as a good ride). Don't forget too that Nemesis is a full 12 years older than its rival in this poll.

Or because its the closest ride that it can be compared to. It and Black Mamba are the only B&M Inverter coasters (to my knowledge) to have had such extensive work to get the ride into place.

For now its Mamba. The theme is clearly better and I find Nemesis's ride experience rather bland. In saying that I respect Nemesis, for being the first and for Nemesis itself. The monster's special. 8)

A

Anonymous

spicy said:
Well I am going to say Nemesis....

You got to think about it like this, Nemesis is now 12 years old, Black Mamba is what a month old? Back in 1994 Nemesis was just amazing nothing had ever been seen like that before. If Nemesis was just a month old in the year 2006 I gurantee it would be better looking than it is now.

Technology has changed you can probably do alot more with theming than you could when Nemesis was built and to some Nemesis still looks better than Black Mamba, surely thats saying something?

Maybe im just a Nemesis fanboy and sticking up for it but thats the way I think it should be looked at, so im voting Nemesis!

Wow, that makes no sense at all.
Ur saying its kind of unfair to compare it with nemesis because its so much older than BM?
And because its old it must be better than BM too? Seriously, just freakin admit that its all just fanboy crap ur talking. Its no prob, but dont hide that behind stupid excuses!

I mean, Viper (SFMM) has to be better than Balder because its older and not fait to compare? yeaaa, right...

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I'd twist it a bit there. I'd say we should be comparing Mamba with Nemesis if Nemesis was opened today. Even then on looks alone Mamba would win. It's not putting Nemesis down, it's just Mamba does it better :)

As for ride... I'm desperate to ride a different B&M invert. Nemesis is still regarded as one of the best B&M inverts though, even despite it's age and advances on other B&M inverts.

The reason is simply because of the way Nemesis keep accelerating. It's something unique to Nemesis and you really can feel the ride getting faster and faster as it makes it's way through the course.

Mamba doesn't have this (I don't believe), so it immediately loses out on that front. It will certainly be interesting to find out if Mamba is a better ride, or just jolly good :)

A

Anonymous

It's kinda weird how people seem to go on about how Black Mamba may have taken Nemesis' title...when really, Nemesis doesn't really have a title of being that well themed. Black Mamba beats nemesis hands down, but I believe Dueling Dragons (for example) is better themed than Nemesis.

Anyway, Mamba vs. Nemesis breakdown

Layout - Black Mamba has a better, more intense layout with a cool Jr Illmellman and (at least what I read) the tightest helixes b&m have ever made. Reports I've heard claim many found it too intense to ride again.

Station - Nemesis station probably looks better from the outside, but Mamba's interior is supposed to be fantastic. There are doors for when the train comes into the station. The inside is themed really well with cool wooden poles and fitting music as well as cool lighting effects. Nemesis has little interior theming with mainly just corregated steel.

Trains - Nemesis has no theming on the trains, Mamba has a cool pattern on the wheel covers and a web effect underneath

Theming - Mamba has loads of near misses. Apparently you can touch the waterfall on the Jr Ilmelmann, it comes tremendously close to the walls near the end. There is a bridge leading through the helix. Half of the lift hill and the pre-drop are enclosed in a giant building. The Jr Illmelman hugs a large rock with a face sculpture extremely tightly. They used African wood and have sculptures made in Africa for their theming (the Africans did rituals to bless the scenery before it was sent of to Phantasia land). Nemesis has some nice stuff such as the red water, paint effects on the track and its built into the landscape well.

Queue line - The queue line is beautifully themed with neat wall paintings, lakes with canoes and great views of the coaster. Nemesis has some ok views of the coaster, but little theming to keep you occupied in the queue.

Metro 8)

FastAndFurious

Mega Poster
Black Mamba is better. It feels faster, better theming, better queue line atmosphere, more near misses and there's a dark tunnel into the brake run section.

A

Anonymous

Been on mamba today. It was total insanity. Great ride. fabulous! Its sad, but nemesis has definitly lost no1 in my books today.

A

Anonymous

I was watching the building process and stuff all winter and I found it hard to belive that they could match the job they did on Nemesis. But to my surprise when I watched the POV, they did better. The ride has much better helixes and does an amazing job of going through tunnels and such. NOt to mention I think the colors and all are much better. Black Mamba is the new invert king in my books.

A

Anonymous

Black Mamba would be ther perfect ride if it wasnt that bloody sand castle.....