What's new

NEMESIS: SUB-TERRA [Alton 2012]

marc

CF Legend
New Indoor Ride for Alton in 2012

I am 99% sure the full version was played in its opening year when the queue was 4 hours long, there were speakers and tv screens in the queue line.

Ollie

CF Legend
Re: New Indoor Ride for Alton in 2012

Only 3 hours till the announcement. I completely forgot about it till now lol.

Ollie

CF Legend
Re: New Indoor Ride for Alton in 2012

I actually dislike the name although Im sure it won't take long to get used to it.

Ollie

CF Legend
The logo for the ride.
NST.jpg

Here's the trailer again as well because it's a new page and easier to spot when it's embedded.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCDVLxi6m9A[/youtube]

I still dislike the name though. I wouldn't mind if the bit after Nemesis: sounded good on it's own. Hardly anyone is going to call it by it's full name so saying you're going to go ride Sub-Terra sounds stupid.

DDF14

Mega Poster
Its not a random wizzard .. It was professor Haldane who had been turned by the Nemesites... He was working with Heather on the book and talisman that was dug up at the Towers .. you can see him in the original promo video and earlier in the comic..

Top tip read the whole of the comic and all will make sense .. nothing new has be learnt except the name unless AT are playing a prank...

Just hope we get a full on Phalanx v Nemesis / Nemesites experience ...

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Ollie said:
The logo for the ride.
NST.jpg

Well. That's just rubbish.

At least Nemesis Inferno is at a different park.

This would be like having The Matterhorn and The Matterhorn: Underground at Dizzyland.

Stupid.

I'm hoping they're having a joke on us.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Soooo basically revisiting the original story...

Eh, too early to tell really, gonna wait and see when actual ride details turn up...

Josh73

Giga Poster
I think it'll be a great ride, I'm just a little uneasy about the name. I'm not excited because I probably won't ever ride it anyway. :roll:

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
^I think some guys at Walibi Belgium would object to that. Perhaps the technical team at Arrow as well. Or even old Kinzel, who spent millions building world's most power- and maintenance-requiring ride for the sake of nagging a record or two. At least, Leviathan is bound to rake it in on the financial side. While enthusiasts say "Meh, two coasters that are exactly alike", the public say "OMG! Two giant rides at the same park! It's cool because I can ride two big-ass rides while paying only one ticket! This makes Canada's Wonderland a better holiday option than [park] because [park] only has/hasn't one superbig coaster!"
(I will keep on repeating this until somebody objects to it, 'cause every time I bring the marketing perspective up, people change topic. But if you want to quote it and reply to it, do so in the Leviathan construction topic)

On topic, though: This looks promising for Nemesis, at least. It looks like its position is cemented for a few more years, with this tie-in attraction and all. We can put all the "looks like Nemesis will only last a season or two more"-talk aside for a few more years. Alton won't invest millions in a new ride, only to ditch the coaster it's based on the year after.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
To be honest? Meh.

I think the poster and trailer are quite boring and nothing special, but I'm hopeful that the ride might be quite fun. At least (like Poke pointed out) it's kinda secures Nemesis for another few years.

This will be a decent enough addition to justify at least one visit to Alton this year, then we can see what they'll do with the 2013 addition. :D

Gazza

Giga Poster
Pokemaniac said:
this until somebody objects to it, 'cause every time I bring the marketing perspective up, people change topic. But if you want to quote it and reply to it, do so in the Leviathan construction topic)
/quote]
My response is that they could have still easily had "two mega coasters in one park"...Instead of building another hyper style coaster, build a Dragon Kahn clone or something!

Treeis

Mega Poster
I love everything Nemesis, and I think that "Sub-Terra" is an awesome name that fits into the theme of it all.

Its like underground...and has the word "Terra" in it. Which is always cool. I cannot wait!