What's new

Nemesis: Sit BackWARDS? It's fright time.

Temleh

Mega Poster
Hi guys,

Nemesis: Backwards has been teased by Alton Towers on their Facebook page for the rides 21st. It's unclear whether it will be a few rows or the whole train...

Dar

Hyper Poster
Re: Nemesis: Sit BackWARDS! It's fright time.

Where did you get that from? All I can see is:
10995688_10153032808706201_7562405634196010159_n.jpg

which is the ride's tagline as far I'm aware?

:)

elephant58

Hyper Poster
Yeah, it's probably just advertising the fact that 2015 is the year that Nemesis turns 21. Remember Merlin will do anything to increase visitor numbers, even if that means just giving Nemesis a new logo for this season.

Temleh

Mega Poster
I know it's the rides tag line, but why would they add 'coming soon'? Hence the question mark in the topic title. :)

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
Aw I hope they don't start running it backwards :( it would be nauseating and I like to see where I'm going.

Intricks

Strata Poster
While I dont think it will be reversed, the wording is odd. Maybe for the 21st season of its life it will offer a row or 2 backwards? The wording is odd, so maybe they are giving a celebration for it. Yet, if nothing is done or made different, just what exactly would the advertisement be for then.

Could the river run red again?

elephant58

Hyper Poster
It's most likely just making potential customers aware that Nemesis' birthday is coming up and that would be a good reason to visit. I think it's basically a park advert, which simply highlights the upcoming 'event'.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
IF this happens it'd be fun to try but I doubt it'd be anywhere near as good as going forwards. Interesting idea, worth trying for one season I suppose.

DeanGaryCox

Roller Poster
Considering it's just a rumour and a cool one at that... I would rather they just sort out the station, music etc. Either way they have to do something quite substantial for its 21st considering they put off for 20th and blagged it saying 21st is more important when clearly the budget got given to smiler for that year lol.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
I think they didn't have a 20th anniversary because in the image, it shows the Nemesis name like Thirteen(with numbers). So I guess it was just easier to advertise that way.

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
If I happened I wouldn't the whole train to be converted to backwards.

Nemesis is just so good! If it isn't broken don't fix it.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
Oh god please no....

Seriously - swarm backwards sucks, why flip about with nemesis too - and those back seats are the best running forwards - won't be happy if this happens!

spicy

Giga Poster
If they really have to do this hopefully they will only do it for a couple months maximum or only turn one train backwards although that would cause an issue with the queue line.

Hopefully everyone is just reading far too much into this and they are just advertising the event.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
If they do turn the rear seats around, it'll be one of those things I'll do a couple of times (like I did with mrawS) and then never bother with again. It would be cool to see one of my favourite coasters from a different prospective.

Colossus

Giga Poster
Nemesis back row is one of my favorite coaster experiences and I'll be gutted if they take that away for the sake of it, the ride does not need to be "improved" it's elite as it is.
We will see, but like Ian, I'd do it once to get the new perspective of the ride, but never again, for me riding backwards always seems to end up in a headache.

Rachel

Coaster MILF
Riding backwards is horrible but personally i'd love to try it on Nemesis. It would offer a new thrill to the ride, for the first go anyway.

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster
I must admit it would be very interesting to ride nemesis backwards, but I don't really know how they'd do it. I mean surely it'd have to be a permanent thing, not just for one season. And was it really popular enough on Swarm to warrant it being put into place on Nemesis. That being said, they are teasing us with a "coming soon" teaser, which would imply some form of noteworthy announcement. What else could it be?