What's new

Nemesis - New look

Martyn B

CF Legend
So, looks like Nemesis is going to be sporting a rustic-red paint work this season:

Photos from Towers Street.

mouse

Giga Poster
Of all the coasters in the world, I would've thought Nemesis is one of the ones least in need of a repaint? It's supposed to look old and rusty anyway, so surely it must improve with age?

Perhaps Merlin thought it's aged appearance could cause visitors to perceive it as unsafe...

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
Nemesis' track isn't meant to look rusty, it's the supports that are meant too, the track is the monster and the support was what is holding the monster down, the white base coat looks like a good start so I have high hopes for this.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Ben

CF Legend
I agree Galactica needed a repaint so much more (and apparently isn't getting one)

But I like this, it's cool.

But no the monster is the monster, the track is what was put in place to keep the monster pinned down.

Lofty

CF Legend
^^^ I don't think so, because they're rusting it up again...

I think this is down to artificial rust > real rust. Real rust can be damaging at eroding metals, artificial rust doesn't.

Owen, did you see the second photo down? That white is in process of being covered...

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
Lofty said:

I think this is down to artificial rust > real rust. Real rust can be damaging at eroding metals, artificial rust doesn't.

Owen, did you see the second photo down? That white is in process of being covered...
Yes, you can see where it has been painted white and then the old colour, it has wheel marks in the paint, compared to no wheel marks in the white paint.

I've always thought the track was what was holding down the monster but got quickly corrected on Towers Times and just thought, I guess their right as they probably know the park better than me.

Ben

CF Legend
No they're wrong.

The narrated story specifies the track is brought in to pin the monster down.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
Ben said:
No they're wrong.

The narrated story specifies the track is brought in to pin the monster down.
That's exactly what I thought and remember seeing and hearing on Nemesis Sub Terra, thanks for clearing that up with me.

Martyn B

CF Legend
owentaylor121 said:
Lofty said:

Yes, you can see where it has been painted white and then the old colour, it has wheel marks in the paint, compared to no wheel marks in the white paint.

The second photo shows the NEW red paint as well.

Lofty

CF Legend
owentaylor121 said:
Lofty said:

Thats light reflection, not wheel marks.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
Martyn B said:
owentaylor121 said:
Lofty said:

The second photo shows the NEW red paint as well.
Nowhere has confirmed that paint is new! That just looks like the paint sand blasted, you can clearly see track marks in the red paint but not in the white!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Lofty

CF Legend
^ I have photographic evidence that the paint on the right is brand new, I'm unable to show it due to the person whom taken the photo wasn't meant to. Trust me, that's new paint...

Ben

CF Legend
That's not what the Tom Baker audio says I feel the last 21 years have been a lie >_<

I only accept the Tom Baker audio as canon. This sums up the story...

http://towersnerd.com/tour/forbiddenvalley/nemesis/

Nemesis comes from another dimension, a dimension beyond our imagination! There are theories, and then there is the legend... Beneath the ground at Alton Towers something strange and horrible lurked: A creature put on the Earth 2 million years ago. Nobody knew where it came from or what it wanted. The creature was disturbed during maintenance work on one of the other rides in Forbidden Valley. The creature, angry at being discovered, caused havoc, ripping up trees and buildings sending them hurtling skyward. A security silence fell over Alton Towers as historians, archaeologists and the Ministry of Defence nervously began some serious investigations. What they discovered was Nemesis. It had to be controlled - 250 tonnes of steel and 200 men pinned down Nemesis, not ordinary steel, not ordinary men! The steel holding down the monster, was twisted and bent into unusual shapes - the steel was the roller coaster track thrill seekers ride today - Nemesis.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I wish we knew somebody who had recently won a collection of concept work from the ride that could clear this up...

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
The new look looks great, I can't argue the case of if it needed a repaint because I don't know the logistics behind that...but what I do know, Colossus needs a repaint!