Nemesis Inferno or Great Bear?

• Nemesis Inferno

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Great Bear

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Patrick

Hyper Poster
Which one do you thin is best out of Nemesis Inferno and Great Bear? I chose these two as they're rated similarly in the CF top coasters list.

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
Kinda of an interesting choice here. I guess they're rather similar in that they're both short, medium sized inverts. I'd be inclined to say Great Bear is more interesting. It's got the cool helix before the drop, something that's rather unique in the coaster world. The supporting is something I thought was cool- probably the most unique supporting on a B&M with some of the cantilevered things over the river. It dies at the end, which is the main failing, but the first part is rather intense. So I'd probably go with Bear.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I'd go with Great Bear too. It simply looks like an intriguing Invert, from its weird support scheme to the helix apart of the pre drop.

It simply isn't your everyday Invert, and has some neat quirks to it.

So Great Bear for me.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Looks so much better than Inferno. I can't stand Inferno, it's a poor excuse for a B&M inverted coaster. Great Bear looks like a heck of a ride compared to Inferno. So I'm going for GB even though I've never been on it!

lakeccrunner

Mega Poster
I'm going to say Great Bear...it was a fun and unique ride...and I have to agree that the support work is very cool and unique. The first drop is quite fun and I like the layout the way it goes all around the river and sooperdooperlooper.

It's a really tough choice, because they're both great for different reasons.

Great Bear has that really neat helix on the first drop which is the thing that catches my eye most about it. Also, I've heard it's fairly intense, but nothing too intense. However, I'm sure the fun makes up for the lack of intensity in some spots. It's one of the most visually appealing coasters though.

Nemesis looks great. First of all it has that wicked themeing! It might look pretty small but I have a feeling it's one of those small but extremely intense things. The final helix I heard is great as well.

Overall, if I got the chance I would probably ride Nemesis, but they both look amazing.

Johnny

Hyper Poster
Great Bear

Although it may not be the best, it definitely looks better than Inferno. I'm really not fond of Inferno. Whenever I go to Thorpe, I tend not to ride it more than 3 times. The pre-lift tunnel is cool though.

Great Bear seems to have a better layout by the looks. And the pre-drop helix looks quite cool. Also taller and faster.

Ketchup

Mega Poster
Inferno pwnz Great Bear, which in my opinion is the worst B&M Invert, at least out of those i've ridden. Whilst it does have some unique sections, that section of dead track after the wingover really kills the ride for me.

Atleast Inferno stays exciting for the whole of the ride.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Hard choice as inferno has that nice cold misty tunnel under the station first and has the very tight layout that chucks you about alot and very fun but too short and has the normal loop zero-g like most B&M's.

great bear has the first drop into the helix and then after that its just like alot of other B&M's in the USA. Higher isnt always better. Atleast inferno has some theming.

Inferno

spicy

Giga Poster
Great Bear looks like it doesn't 'flow' like a normal B&M invert. Still looks interesting though, those supports are very weird.

Ive never been on Great Bear but it looks to have a very strange layout it just doesn't flow smoothly like Infernos layout does, for that reason im voting Inferno.

Rich Bacon

Roller Poster
Nemesis Inferno, the tighter layout looks more G packed, and there is less gap between elements. Great Bear looks fun, but just not intense, so thats why I think Id prefer Inferno.

Sam

Giga Poster
Great Bear LOOKS miles better.

From what I've seen, Inferno has to be the worst invert in the world.

I'd take Great Bear anyday.

Ben

CF Legend
Ultimate Coaster said:
Nemesis looks great. First of all it has that wicked themeing! It might look pretty small but I have a feeling it's one of those small but extremely intense things. The final helix I heard is great as well.

Did you read the topic?

Nemesis: INFERNO. The junkier, less themed, less fun cousin of the actual NEMESIS.

Not Nemesis itself.

She might have just knocked off the Inferno, since the original doesn't HAVE a final helix...

Great Bear looks like a pile of crap. The start looks fun, but it just dies and becomes a Monorail. Inferno never lets up, and is just grand.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Ermmmm the original Nemesis DOES have a final helix. What do you call that turn around into the brakes then Ben?

A helix doesn't have to be a full 360 degrees to be considered one you know. 180 degrees is good enough.

Ben

CF Legend
Screaming Coasters said:
Ermmmm the original Nemesis DOES have a final helix. What do you call that turn around into the brakes then Ben?

Um, a turn?

It just, turns. It doesn't have a height change, so it's not a helix.

final.jpg

See, no height change. Not a helix, a turn. 'A spiral section of track.'. The end does not spiral.

Almost

Hyper Poster
I'm sorry but N:I looks on par with B:TR or atleast Talon in that respect and those two inverts beat the living hell out of Great Bear.

Great Bear started with an awesome helix, an original drop, good loop, immelman, zero-g roll, then died.

How dissapointing....

It really wasn't even worth a re-ride.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
A-Kid said:
^ john wardley describes that as a stall turn on a video I saw.

heres that vid ..
http://www.towersnerd.com/videos/nemesi ... emesis.wmv

No! The stall turn is the turn before the loop not the turn before the brakes.

Ben, an end does not have to spiral to be a helix. A helix is simply a turn which changes pitch and if you look at the begining, it does change pitch and the rest levels off which in turn (hehe) makes it a helix.

Lofty

CF Legend
I don't even think its a contest, i mean, c'mon just look at Great Bear its great. I have nothing against Nemesis Inferno don't get me wrong its just that Great Bear is amazing!