What's new

Neat "History of the Roller Coaster" Infographic

Bottom_Feeder_13

Hyper Poster
The only thing they got wrong is that El Toro isn't the tallest woodie in the world it just has the largest drop but is actually the 3rd tallest in the world behind Collossos and T-Express.
** END OF ME BEING PEDANTIC **
Small error aside that was a great and well presented little article.

Titan

Mega Poster
It is cool, I wish it were more accurate. It also says that Medusa at Discovery Kingdom was the first floorless coaster, they got the wrong park.

A

Anonymous

Bottom_Feeder_13 said:
The only thing they got wrong is that El Toro isn't the tallest woodie in the world it just has the largest drop but is actually the 3rd tallest in the world behind Collossos and T-Express.
** END OF ME BEING PEDANTIC **
Small error aside that was a great and well presented little article.
Well not really, since what he have stated is the height of the Drop not the entire ride. Makes sense since he said it's 176 ft tall and El Toro in reality is 181 ft high...

Also I doubt that Knotts Berry farm developed the first modern looping coaster...

Really nice find though...

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^Plus, that rcdb stat on T-Express is way off. There's no way it's as tall as El Toro.

Oh, and when did "neat" become acceptable terminology in the UK? So annoying.

A

Anonymous

^ I think that T-Express don't seem like 184 feet tall since it's located on a hill, judging by knowing that the first drop is 150 ft tall it might well be 184 feet between the lowest footer and the top of the lift. It's a bit of an optical illusion...

A

Anonymous

^ Looping as in coaster with Inversions, Corkscrew at Knotts opened 1975, I know that.
The thing is that I doubt that Knotts "Developed" the ride, I'm thinking more that it was Arrow that did that...