What's new

CANCELLED - Name TBD | KENTUCKY KINGDOM, HOLIDAY WORLD, KINGS ISLAND | 30th - 31st May 2020

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Yeah... :(

I'm sure y'all have seen that we postponed the Texas live and have a feeling that we'll have to action this one eventually as well. I guess we'll have to wait for the parks to update their statuses.

Will

Strata Poster
Still no word from Delta or edreams, but let's face it, it's just a matter of time...

Almost more worried about how bored I'll be when my work contract ends on May 29 :(

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Holiday World just announced that they're now looking at a mid-June opening and with that, Holiwood Nights has been rescheduled as well. Considering that Cedar Fair has begun to address season passholder concerns, it is expected that they will push back their opening dates further as well, and thus we'll have to action this event. We're initially thinking of rescheduling to a later date (currently TBD) since even though we'll be bummed to not be joined by those from across the pond, it is the easiest trip for a large contingent of us to attend. We'll keep y'all updated as the situation develops.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
The good news is this means I may be able to make the Live afterall! Only major June trips are a possible midwest roadtrip and some camping up at Put-in-Bay. :)

Will

Strata Poster
Booo, but as said before, this was an inevitability - TBH I wish they'd actually cancel my flights so I can start thinking of a Plan B.

September's looking like my best choice as it'd just be hellish trying to do a big cred run in high season.

davidm

Strata Poster
^ they'll leave it to the last moment before actually cancelling your flight - or at least telling you that your flight is cancelled (not the same thing!)
My Dad has a flight booked to the USA next Monday (20th) - and they have not told him yet that it is cancelled (which of course it is).

On the plus side, a lot of the airlines have extended their "voucher" validity to end of 2021 (the voucher you can get if you blink first) - you will not get a refund now though if you blink.

We are all playing airline-chicken ;)

davidm

Strata Poster
So today should be this :(

In news;

Holiday World announced rescheduled dates for HolliwoodNights if anyone is interested ; August 28/29
(ref FB live video on their event group page thing ; LINK )

(They refunded me what I'd paid for the ticket for that pretty swiftly though, since I was never going to be able to make a rescheduled date anyway)