What's new

My new sandbox park "Shandalar"

silveryrain

Roller Poster
Greetings. I have recently finished my first park in Planet Coaster named "Shandalar." It took me over 3 years to complete it because I was never satisfied with it and kept making changes. But it's done and I uploaded it to Steam Workshop: https://steamcommunity.com/id/vaitape/myworkshopfiles/

Here is a introductory description to give an idea what the park contains:

Welcome to Shandalar. 9 themed areas situated on a panoramic landscape.

1)Laketown - A elven colony surrounded by Lake Shandalar featuring the winged coaster "Gatekeeper" which encircles the entire colony.

2)Calistoga Mills - The wild west frontier which features the runaway mine train "Calamity Mountain Goldrusher" which was the very first coaster I built in the entire park.

3)Camelot - A medeival territory featuring a slightly altered version of "Steel Vengeance" and the dark ride "Castlevania."

4)Galactica - A sci-fi space fantasy outpost that includes such attractions as the giga coaster "Andromeda," the launch coaster "Antares" and the spinning coaster "Expedition Venus."

5)Pirate Cove - A stronghold for pirates featuring the suspended coaster "Escape From Pirate Island" and the woodie "Strikeforce."

6)Mirkwood - A haunted village which features the single rail coaster "Nightmare," the "Grim Reaper" woodie, the dark ride "House On Haunted Hill" and the "Red Scare" iron claw thrill ride.

7)The Docklands - A picturesque maritime town on Lake Shandalar that features a nightly fireworks display down on the docks.

8)Luxor Falls - A scenic egyptian region featuring the massive hypercoaser "Thunder Raven" and the reverse freefall coaster "Curse Of Anubis."

9)Pompeii - An italian hamlet surrounding the active Mount Vesuvius featuring the floorless coaster "Vesuvius" and the stand up coaster "Apollo's Chariot."

You can visit my "Shandalar" you tube channel for video features of this park, themed areas, rides and attractions. I will be constantly adding new videos so subscribe to see future additions of park features and many of its hidden gems: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpMyEa4PrOVPvZgibLlHaNQ/videos
0)Contest Entry(2)-002.jpg0airtram full tour-001.jpgDesktop Screenshot 2020.04.25 - 16.38.36.42.jpgDesktop Screenshot 2020.09.25 -005.jpgDesktop Screenshot 2020.09.25 -006.jpgDesktop Screenshot 2020.09.27 - 22.59.50.43.jpgDesktop Screenshot 2020.10.22 -024.jpgDesktop Screenshot 2020.11.02 -008.jpgGOLDRUSHER-001.jpgGRIM RPR MIRKWOOD.jpg0)Contest Entry(2)-002.jpg0airtram full tour-001.jpgDesktop Screenshot 2020.04.25 - 16.38.36.42.jpgDesktop Screenshot 2020.09.25 -005.jpgDesktop Screenshot 2020.09.25 -006.jpgDesktop Screenshot 2020.09.27 - 22.59.50.43.jpgDesktop Screenshot 2020.10.22 -024.jpgDesktop Screenshot 2020.11.02 -008.jpgGOLDRUSHER-001.jpgGRIM RPR MIRKWOOD.jpg

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Impressive stuff! That Pompeii screenshot is fantastic.

I don't play Planet Coaster myself, but always appreciate skimming through nice photos. :D

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
That gigacoaster looks somewhat more realistic than the concept video for Six Flags Qiddiya.

Selectrr

Roller Poster
All good stuff! Quick nitpick, I'd remove some of the trees throughout the park. They look really dense in some places and... well, trees need room to grow.
One example in particular...

ampersand.png