What's new

Music that reminds you of Theme Parks

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Be it pop music used as ride music or just on the radio on route to the park, is there any non-theme park music that reminds you of coasters and/or theme parks in general? This can include ride music used on a different ride and/or park than intended.

For me, my best example for this would be Are You Ready by Disturbed:

[youtube]

On my first (and only) visit to Hersheypark, this came on the radio as we entered the carpark. With Skyrush in my sights, I was very much ready! Definitely added to my excitement for the day.

James F

Hyper Poster

This song was used on a Mini game that used to be Towerstimes.com based on The Flume at Alton Towers, to me it is the "true" soundtrack of that ride.

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk

Will

Strata Poster
^
YES! I remember that :D

Open theme park gates waiting for
Riding the day, every day into sunset
Finding the way back home

Rob Coasters

Hyper Poster
This childhood holiday park banger heard at every show also played on the bus on my trip to Fantasy Island. This was playing as Odyssey came into view, and it was also playing on the way back when Odyssey left my view. Gives off (very) vivid memories, even if it was only recently.

-----------------

This song (from the Burnout Dominator OST) was on repeat for the majority of the way home from my trip to Blackpool Pleasure Beach and Southport Pleasureland back in 2018. Though the lyrics suggest a bad holiday, in fact this might be one of my favourite holidays of all time. It's a banger song anyway and it was (somehow) the only song I had downloaded on my phone.

-----------------

First hearing it on Thrillville: Off the Rails, this song was something I didn't really associate with real life theme parks until recently. When Thorpe Park announced their ParkVibes event, this song instantly came into mind - I think it's because it sounds similar to ParkLife - and it's in my head every time I'm on a trip back to the Island.

Sandman

Giga Poster
Oxygene Part 4 by Jean Michel Jarre.

This brings up numerous memories of being at my home park Frontierland (and also Blackpool Pleasure Beach) in the mid 90's as a kid.
Oxygene was used on those claw grabber arcade machines at the parks, so it oozed into my subconscious from an early age.

York - On The Beach

Similarly, this song reminds me of BPB in the early 00's.
I remember it echoing around the park one hot summer whilst I was sat at the top of Spin Doctor waiting to come down. I recall looking down at the park and the crowds, and every time I've heard it since, this mental image crops up.

Will

Strata Poster
Agreed on Oxygene (I was on a carpark yesterday, singing 'Where the hell's my car?' to that tune) - though not in the same league as the Kentucky Derby song :D

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Republica's Ready to Go.
Used as station music on Top Thrill Dragster, but by pure chance it came on the radio as me and @DelPiero were actually driving to Cedar Point.
"I'm sure this is used on a ride somewhere" he said.
"OMG it's Top Thrill Dragster" he cried when the penny finally dropped. This was literally as we passed the sign for Sandusky! Talk about timing.

And also... Chooon! 😁

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
MATE!!!! What an absolute Goliath belter!!! Completely forgot about this. I get so goddamn pumped up when he’s like “OK we gunna go FASTER 👀” it’s like ooooOooooOooo **** it’s about to kick off.

Also when he says “SUPERMAN” there is a chorus of “OOoooHhh!” and I like to think they are going “OH NO HE DIDN’T!!”

RcTmix

Mega Poster
The station music for Millennium Force basically consists of a particular arpeggiation of a minor7 chord played by a synth. #MusicTheoryNerd.

For the past 21 years, every time I hear a synth play a minor7 arpeggio I get nostalgic feelings about CP. #RollerCoasterNerd

With this post I feel like I may have arrived at #PeakNerd

Archie

Mega Poster
Quite a few:

Diana Ross: Upside down = The Smiler
Snow patrol: The lightning strike = Oblivion
Noel Gallagher: Everybody's on the run = The Swarm
Dua Lipa: Levitating = Galactica

Eyebrows

Hyper Poster
Somehow whenever I walk into the Twisted Timbers plaza this song specifically is always playing from the 50’s playlist they have:

Now I always think of that view of the drop when I hear that song

Rob Coasters

Hyper Poster
Bump.

I distinctly remember this tune playing in the Odyssey station on one of my rides and to say it got me pumped up for my next go would be an understatement. While the meaning behind the lyrics are *extremely* questionable, there's no denying it has a banger melody. Recently I was at some disco thing and when this track came up... the Odyssey flashbacks came screaming back, I could not stay seated, got up and started making some moves.

F-bomb warning:

On the exact same trip this belter of a tune was blasting in the Rhombus Rocket station on my ride, and turned an already awesome ride into something even better.

Rob Coasters

Hyper Poster
This one from Enter Shikari very reminds me of The Ride to Happiness and I did this to myself. I discovered it the day before my visit, and long story short, I had it on repeat for the whole of my bus journeys in and out of town as I went to swap out my phone's memory card for a new one. By far my favourite part is between 1:35 and 3:28 where the song builds up to a great climax at around 2:30 where the ride replayed over and over in my head. Sounds silly but that's how I be. And just for good measure, on the way home from the park on the day of the visit, I put my earphones in and shuffled my playlist starting with that one.

Unfortunately I'm not a fan of the part from 3:28 onwards so I tend to just skip to the next one (or replay it from the start) when it gets to that point.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Funky Town hits differently for kids that grew up in the 90s going to Cedar Point.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Dolly Parton's Jolene, Steps' 5,6,7,8 and Rednex's Cotton Eye Joe remind me of Loggers Leap and Thorpe.
Equally, anything by the Beach Boys reminds me of Amity and Thorpe.