What's new

Music - any Trance, EDM or old skool dance fans out there?

chainedbanana

Hyper Poster
from my observations and conversations - coaster enthusiasts tend to be a very indie lot or at least into rock based music including many a metalhead!

So where are the old-skool ravers amongst you? My particular passion is Trance music but I generally love most vocal house-based music especially from the 1993-2005 era - including lots of obscure euro tracks.

I have a lot of mainstream artist in my collection but they always tend to be the dance mixes - as i tend to search my remixer than artist! I miss the days of cd singles with all the mixes!

what are your favourite dance tracks?

Mack

Mega Poster
I really enjoy that era of trance (which is weird and I know it because I'm American which means in like 2014 - 2016 I had to listen to everyone being like have you heard of Tiesto???). Airbase - Genie gives me chills like mad to this day. :)

Last edited:

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
Me!!!

My a regular goer to trance, techno and house events! Trance being my favourite genre of music! I’ve recently starting DJing and I host a trance event in Liverpool called Coda.

I have so many favourite classic trance tunes, Fiji (Lange remix) being my all time favourite!

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
House, Big Room, Teance (vocal/psy), early 00s Techno...I used to get down with Happy Hardcore... I'll try anything really, some trap/dub.... but not about real real hardstyle. Been going to EDC here for the last 5 years or so as far as festivals but also done a whole bunch of club shows and a few arena shows as well over the past 15 years or so.

hendrixmarshall

Roller Poster
For me - jump blues always gets me going. Give me a 1 4 5 with horns and piano and I'll dance all night long. I remember some music theory class where they explained how and why Blues, and blues progressions got so popular. It's a primal thing, you can't ignore it.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Who doesn't love a bit of classic euro dance?!

'Dance' as a catch-all is pretty much all I'll listen to. Swedish House Mafia, Alesso, Avicii, Arty, Laidback Luke, I used to spend my Friday nights listening to Annie Mac, Judge Jules and then Pete Tong (before Radio 1 went to ****e).

Tend to go for the more classic stuff if I need chilling out - think the Kevin and Perry soundtrack.

toofpikk

Mega Poster
Soft spot for dubstep considering it was birthed 10 minutes down the road from me (even though I can appreciate unless you listen to the dark/old school stuff it is mostly total S***e), and after pendulum got hooked on drum and bass. Don't really F with the EDM scene even though I like a lot of the harder music (cali trap, riddim, dubstep, bass house, future bass etc.) because I find it's a very plastic fanbase compared to UK genres. Don't wanna mosh to chicken soup thanks.

Done 39 raves/gigs/events/festivals in the last 3 years of my life, nothing quite hits the same euphoric feeling as dancing to your favourite music off your face with some of your best friends.

chainedbanana

Hyper Poster
Me!!!

My a regular goer to trance, techno and house events! Trance being my favourite genre of music! I’ve recently starting DJing and I host a trance event in Liverpool called Coda.

I have so many favourite classic trance tunes, Fiji (Lange remix) being my all time favourite!

Top tune! Ive been watching a lot of Lange's lockdown sets via facebook - also Paul Van Dyk (my favourite), Dash Berlin, SASH, Ferry Corsten

Other favourites are Space brothers, Above and beyond, Woody Van Eyden, Thrillseekers, John O'callaghan, Alya and film

emoo

Hyper Poster
I have heard and grown fond of a random handful of Trance over time, ones like 'Everything is Beautiful' strike a chord with me. Its the mostly likely genre I would have ended up being into. But I somehow long ago ended up listening to liquid DnB. No regrets but also have yet to find someone into that and coasters.

toofpikk

Mega Poster
I have heard and grown fond of a random handful of Trance over time, ones like 'Everything is Beautiful' strike a chord with me. Its the mostly likely genre I would have ended up being into. But I somehow long ago ended up listening to liquid DnB. No regrets but also have yet to find someone into that and coasters.

Liquid is great. BCee, Ownglow, Logistics, S.P.Y, Perez, Netsky, Dawn Wall, Mohican Sun, GLXY, Mitekiss, Keeno, Hybrid Minds... the list goes on and on and on. Great genre of music.

EDIT: I'm really into the deeper stuff - nice melodic deep rolling basslines, not too fond of the (in my opinion) slightly watered down names you often find on the likes of liquicity, having said that their 10 years compilations were full of amazing tracks. DnB in general is just a fun genre, can't go wrong with it.

Last edited:

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Dash Berlin
Yes please, I saw Dash at a Festival with Morgan Page like 5 years ago and then I saw Jeffrey Sutorius at a club show last summer before he took back control of Dash Berlin...and he did a free meet and greet/autographs haha.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200612-095024_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200612-095024_Gallery.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 4