What's new

"Mumbo Jumbo" - S&S El Loco for Flamingo Land

A

Anonymous

this looks incredible, cant wait for the drop, it has a ver interesting layout aswell.

coastermac

Roller Poster
Does anyone know what time MJ opens tomorrow? Becuase if I have to be there at 10 I have to get a bus at 8.30, and none of my freinds are up for that. :)

Emmett

Giga Poster
The world record event takes place at 2.30pm tomorrow but I don't know if its actually running before then. Also that event is just for invited guests only.

I'm going to wait a few weeks before going just incase there is a Saw style cock up on opening day.

coastermac

Roller Poster
Yeah, I would assume it wouldn't operate before the World Record event, but I cant be sure. Where do you think I'd find out?

Edit: Missed the Saw line,

I would do that, but I'm going along to the Exclusive ride time event

Emmett

Giga Poster
Just spotted this on Ride Guide, and it looks like it wont be open to the public until after the record event.

Right, The Ride-Guide, along with a handful of other coaster enthusiast websites have been invited to an 'Enthusiasts only' ride on Mumbo Jumbo which will start at 3:30pm on the 4th July and end at 4pm. Competition winners will be allowed first rides, then the enthusiasts and then it will officially open to the public. So, make sure you're one of the first people to ride this coaster by joining us next Saturday. Remember, this chance has only risen to a handful of enthusiast clubs and groups.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
From what I have heard from some members at Ride Guide, Mumbo Jumbo actually exceeded their expectations. They were pleasantly surprised.

I don't suppose anybody from CF is back, though, yet?

A

Anonymous

im back :)

I was impressed with this ride.
PROS
Drop was fun
Mostly smooth
Conforatable seats
Quite a bit of hangtime :)

CONS
Rubbish onride cam
Too short?
Slow loading

Emmett

Giga Poster
^^Great video, funny the way the news channels always stick a woman on first at the launch of these coasters. I think she enjoyed it towards the end.

It does looks pretty smooth and the brakes don't seem too harsh at the end. Looking forward to riding it now.

Mackem Lad

Mega Poster
I enjoyed Mumbo Jumbo. Credit to Flamingo Land, it's a fantastic addition to the park and utilises the space extremely well. For a ride with such a small footprint, it has a decent amount of ride time and no dull spots whatsoever.

I was very impressed with the ride's entrance, the Mumbo Jumbo characters look awesome! It all looks very neat and tidy and the ride itself doesn't look like the steel mess you'd think. The trims are also something I was surprised with, I'd thought they'd kill the drop but anything they make you appreciate the steepness that little bit more - unlike SAW where it's over in a flash.

Drop - packs a small yet good punch.

Adverse Banked Turn - crazy if you sit to the right.

Second Drop - brilliant, the upside run-up is awesome.

Barrel Roll - very very smooth, fantastic ending to the ride.

Oh, and the restraints aren't as bad as Slammer. Whilst they are indeed the same, you don't have to endure your whole body weight on them for too long unlike Slammer.

A good and very fun ride. 7/10

A

Anonymous

sounds good, hopefully the wait wont be too long when i go next week

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
lol at the woman on the video. You're correct, they do seem to take the females to do theme parks/openings (Corkscrew closing, Saw, MJ...).

This does seem to be better than I had hoped, and I'm looking forward to going on it at the Live, as well as getting all the other credits.

Loading times are a slight concern though. It could be a very, very long queue..

A

Anonymous

i think i'll jump straight on at 10... probably best bet... then onto kumali

slappy mcguire

Mega Poster
Unexpectedly Good. The throughput is predictably poor, given it's the first proper full day of operation, and only one car is on track at a time, despite there being up to five cars potentially available.

To look at, it fits in nicely with it's surroundings, looks impressive but not awesome. But that's just it; like the wild mouse at BPB, it lulls you into quite a false sense of security, and completely catches you unaware. Its smooth, scary and consistent all in one swoop. It'll never be seen as the UK's best coaster, it isn't even the best in the park, but it is a bloody good try, and well worth a visit.

8/10

Only footnote, the queue in the baking sun was torture, for the 1 1/2 hours I was in it; I wish some park would come up with the bright idea of sending ushers, like the ones you get in theatres, with trays of ice creams and drinks through the queues, because by god, it needed to be worth the wait...

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
To be honest, the ride is better than a lot of coasters that are rated high in the UK. I didn't expect much from it, but it gives you something.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRDAGcWbTY0[/youtube]

Emmett

Giga Poster
Nice updated video. The launch event looked great and very well planned. Funny to see Aero getting a few words in towards the end of the video.

Also just to check, did they have any ride merchandise for sale yet around the park?

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
Yeah, they have the t-shirts and stuff with the Mumbo Jumbo logo on. They are located next to ORP, which is just to the right of the exit.

Emmett

Giga Poster
^Cheers, I'm going to have to stock up now. I didn't even think there was an ORP available as I couldn't spot one.