What's new

Most Physically Demanding Park?

Mike

Giga Poster
After recently visiting both Knight Valley and Ocean Park in Shenzhen/Hong Kong, the parks had me thinking about the toughest and most physically demanding parks to get around.

Both are built on the side of mountains and have stairs and hills to walk up and down everywhere! Add in very little shade on the paths, 30C+ of heat and 65%+ of humidity and you have two parks which are exhausting to walk around. They may be physically stunning, but both parks are huge and by the end of the day you are guaranteed to have lost weight!

What are the most physically challenging parks you have ever been to?
Can you trump Ocean Park or Knight Valley?
Discuss! :)

Xpress

Strata Poster
SFMM is quite the hike through the hills. Thought it's nothing I can't handle, still makes for quite the workout, especially if you and your friends are rushing back and forth because through the mountain is the quickest route through the park.

Treeis

Mega Poster
I remember seeing a picture of a large superman B&M coaster. It had a big vertical loop, with a little superman model on the top of it, and some kind of cliff/quarry backdrop.

From what I remember, that looked physically challenging

Jer

Strata Poster
Of parks I been too, the first one that comes to mind is Hershey because of the overall layout of the park and the valley right in the middle. I dont remember SFMM being that bad, but the worst Six flags I've been to was SFA because of the horrible layout and lack of shade, which made it painful to travel around in the heat.

Brookes

Giga Poster
Alton Towers probably has a shout for this. I also agree with SFMM, it was scorching when I went and it was a right trek, especially back up from Ninja.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I was just about to say "how long before somebody mentions Alton Towers", completely missing the point of this topic which is to show off which obscure and out of the way parks you've been to ;)

Only joking Mike :)

Has anyone been to Gulliver's Matlock? It's supposed to be a real chore.

marc

CF Legend
Sfmm and the animal kingdom.

Both require a lot of walking with landscape involved plus there is very little shade.

Kata1

Roller Poster
Silver Dollar City was a little tough, too. Your constantly climbing up and down this side of the mountain.

Lofty

CF Legend
To be honest, in the heat, Port Aventura is worth a mention.

Terra Mitica is also highly rated up there. It's got barely any shade, apart from queues and is up and down the quarry.

The walk from the entrance to Magnus Colossus and the upper portion of the park is such a chore.

Snoo

The Legend
SDC, MM, and Hershey have been the worst for me. Every visit I've had to all of those parks have been hot, humid, and combined with the hills makes it harder to get through the day.

TilenB

Strata Poster
Definitely SFMM, with that terrain it has, and it was also well over 30°C (I think it was about 37°C the day of our visit)

Mike

Giga Poster
furie said:
I was just about to say "how long before somebody mentions Alton Towers", completely missing the point of this topic which is to show off which obscure and out of the way parks you've been to

ninja.gif

I would have said SFMM, but when I visited last year it didn't feel that hard (although it was a slightly cooler day I think).
Whoever says Alton is clearly doing the park totally wrong as well! :p

I'll agree with the person who said Silver Dollar City, especially when the only way to escape the sun seemed to be going down into a huge cave with a millions steps!

A

Anonymous

In the UK of say the AT gardens/valley.
They are stupidly insane to get up and down, especially of your not on the right path :p

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Ehhh, I consider the most physical demand of any amusement park the rides themselves. Walking and putting up with sunshine is null compared to the g-forces you subject your body to.

So I would put Cedar Point and SFMM up there as the most physically demanding, based on ride selection. There is a very specific exhaustion you feel after visiting either park.