What's new

Most Painful Rollercoasters & Flat rides

MaidenUSA

Roller Poster
Steel: Drachen Fire (followed by The Scream Machine at SFGA)
Wood: Rebel Yell at Kings Dominion

Rebel Yell isn't really rough but something at the bottom of the hills would vibrate my insides. It was a really weird feeling that I've never had on any other coaster.

I don't really remember Mean Streak being as rough as everyone claims. However I only rode it once about 10 years ago.

Darren B

Giga Poster
Wood.... Grand National, which is a real shame as it used to be the UK's premier woodie but its deteriorated so much in the last couple of years that its become just to painful to enjoy (sorry Gnash lovers) But Nickelodeon Streak has been on top form since its overhaul so its still a huge WIN for PBB :--D

Steel.... (OTSR) Shockwave at Drayton Manor, but not painful enough to put me off re-riding several times in a day.

Steel.... (Lapbar) Pepsi Max Big One, rough and sometimes painful in parts but still an amazing coaster, even if it does lack in airtime and takes a bashing from enthusiasts.

Flat... Slammer, great concept, just to uncomfortable to enjoy.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Actually yeah, not enough has been said about Rollercoaster's overhaul, probably because it's such a lame ride, but it's had new wooden running boards replaced out of the station which is a huge improvement, and the new trains are lush! I love the bright colour and the exciting new flashy station exterior. It's no longer forgotten and abandoned :D

Lucy

Hyper Poster
Flat ride - Probably a KMG tango, mainly for the restraints because they really aren't that comfortable although the ride itself is good! Also a Crazy Train - I only went on it once and that was enough!

Coaster - Difficult but I'd probably have to go for a Toboggan which isn't pleasant at all :D

Intricks

Strata Poster
Re: Most Painful Rollercoasters & Flat rides

Why is there hate on Villain and Voyage? There are way worse rides than those to. Voyage is rough, yes, but ive never been bone jarred like it seems you guys are saying....same with Villain. Guess it is just the way you ride apparently, who knows.

GASM @ SFoG is pure EVIL! I sat in the supposed safety called the middle of the car, and that thing ate my kneecaps. I swore I heard it go 'Om nom nom' at one point. Blue Streak @ Conneaut is a close second.

Desperado @ Primm...NEVER AGAIN! I got the cred, and its never being touched again. I will flick it off when I drive bu it next and glare at it evilly while wishing horrible deaths upon it.

Beast is pure <3 It fixes my back :3 Voyage is nothing short of pure win to me. Back seat, never hold on once and ride it like your drunk (aka, dont tense or you're ****).

Manhattan Express runs amazingly silky smooth with a full train. It is the half trains you gotta watch out for.

Did I mention Desperado needs to be demolished and something better put in?

steel

Mega Poster
Voyage is fun in the back (like a lot of fun, like top five fun), but it's just not good in the front. I've never had a good ride in the front. I swear on my life I had a headache for hours after that first ride. I'll be bluntly honest: I think GG overexerts themselves. They run into the SoB problem. They try to do too much with the wood coaster model and it shows. Mind you, I think there's some real innovation that happens there. Voyage has some incredible moments, and it's a good ride overall, but Hades has gone halfway to **** and I have problems with the "number one ride ever omg" being decidedly painful in some parts of the train.
Villain was just uninteresting, and that kind of emphasized the roughness for me. Also felt like the train was ripping itself apart at the bottoms of the first couple drops, so...
I'm sure I've been on rougher coasters, I just can't think of them atm.
But let me just say that I know where you're coming from here. People never seem to shut up about how awful Timber Wolf is and I've just never had a terrible ride on it. I ride it in the back row no problem all the time. Maybe I just can't think of anything for this because I'm more tolerant to roughness? I don't know... T2 and Shockwave really are terrible...

Intricks

Strata Poster
Re: Most Painful Rollercoasters & Flat rides

The only rough spots i remember on Villain would be the turn out of the station and the trick track spot they "got rid of". At the time it was the best Wooden ride I had been on (BBW and Big Dipper were horrid and I almost flew out of Big Dipper when younger, so I didnt like that ride much afterwards).

Ive ridden Voyage in the front, and while it was rougher I didnt get a headache, but I know that different rides for different people. It damn near killed my cousin in the front (granted he is 14, a twig and was white knuckle grip with me yelling for him to relax), but the rest of the rides we had were phenomenal (grease plus heavy rain - light mist = <3<3<3).

I agree with ya though. Ive never been on half the rides stated here, so I feel left out/inexperienced and those that I have been on were so god awful long ago that I cant really remember the ride (plus, ive only been on them once, and that doesnt help that I havent gone back on them since). Maybe I just had a horrible ride in the beginning, got used to it and pushed the other memory to the back of my skull...

dropthefloor93

Hyper Poster
I really gotta add Magnum XL 200 and Mantis to this list. I think they gave me scoliosis lol.

Also Mean Streak wasn't too rough, it just sucked.

Snoo

The Legend
Intricks said:
The only rough spots i remember on Villain would be the turn out of the station and the trick track spot they "got rid of". At the time it was the best Wooden ride I had been on (BBW and Big Dipper were horrid and I almost flew out of Big Dipper when younger, so I didnt like that ride much afterwards).

You.. stop talking.

Villain was terrible start to finish.

Intricks

Strata Poster
Re: Re: Most Painful Rollercoasters & Flat rides

Snoo said:
You.. stop talking.

Villain was terrible start to finish.

Sorry for not having been to several amusement parks when i was 10. As stated, it was the best wooden coaster I had been on at the time. Geauga Lake, Conneaut (which I hadn't been to since I was 5) and Kennywood (Thunderbolt is in my top 5 for wooden, but when you are a hefty kid and have to sit on the left, you tend to hate certain rides) are the only parks I had been to up until I was 16 and Mean Streak and Blue Streak arent exactly up there for me, Villain still gave me the best ride out of the 8 I had ridden. Twister at Knoebles soon took the spot followed by Voyage. I enjoy a rough wooden coaster. It makes me giggle and have fun. Sorry for having a different opinion.

On another note, I didn't put anything down for flatrides. Chaos was deliciously painful when I rode it at Cedar Point 5 or 6 years ago. Inverter is just pure hell for me though. I enjoy the ride but could only do it a few times before I seriously thought my legs were pretty much broken due to mass bruising. Glad I'm too heavy for that ride nowadays.

lakeccrunner

Mega Poster
Wildcat at Hersheypark was the worst coaster experience of my life. I don't know if it was the seat I sat in or the fact that there were a total of maybe 8 people on the train, but it was horrible. I road it twice, thinking that if I sat somewhere else, nowhere near where I sat the first time, that it would be better. I was wrong. I might have experimented some more by riding a third time, but my fear of brain hemorrhage and bruised kidneys got in the way of that.

michaellll

Mega Poster
^I feel you. I was so unhappy on wildcat. That's got to be one of the worst rides of my life.

My dad rode that with me. He doesn't like rollercoasters anymore.

FaceYourNemesis

Hyper Poster
It has to be G-Force at Drayton Manor. Those restraints are just plain nasty :x I don't think I've ever experienced so much pain and discomfort on a ride.

JenZForce

Roller Poster
I'm gonna have to agree and say Mantis was just plain uncomfortable. Maybe I wasn't standing right, but I thought it was terrible. The Beast always rattles my skeleton, but that was nothing compared to Mean Streak. I think my vertebrae got slightly re-arranged on that one.

dropthefloor93

Hyper Poster
Just did SFNE for a commercial for Six Flags and new conclusion: Gotham City Gauntlet is the most painful **** ever.

On the other hand Cyclone got retracked at SFNE and is now the smoothest most painless wood coaster ive done.

Sunfury

Roller Poster
I'm with Donaldduck75, All SLC's are pretty rough, but El Condor tops the roughness bill by a mile, Shortly followed by Infusion :p