What's new

Most Painful Rollercoasters & Flat rides

Nic

Strata Poster
Mind you, its not as if all Intamins are exactly smooth though is it *cough*Baco*cough*

I don't really know what my answer to this topic is. T'Ultimate is completely brutal, but I love it.

Whirlwind at Camelot gave me actual whiplash, so I'd probably go for that.

dropthefloor93

Hyper Poster
I've heard Baco is insanely rough but by the POV it looks kinda smooth. In what way is it exactly rough as I don't have enough money to fly across the ocean.

also new most painful ride - Space Shuttle - SFGreatAdventure

**EDIT**
I can't believe this post has lasted almost a year...

Lofty

CF Legend
dropthefloor93 said:
I've heard Baco is insanely rough but by the POV it looks kinda smooth. In what way is it exactly rough as I don't have enough money to fly across the ocean.

**EDIT**

It's not insanely rough, at all really. People make it out to be far worse then it is. Dependant on where you sit in the train, yes, the ride experience can be shaky, head banging and not pleasant, this happens the further back on the train you sit. If you sit front row, it's a great little coaster!

Kebab

Giga Poster
dropthefloor93 said:

**EDIT**
I don't think it's that rough, I agree with lofty, people make it out to be far worse than it is. It's certainly rickety, but it's no worse than say, Rita's roughness. Sit on the inside seats on the front, I guarantee you'll have no problem with roughness what-so-ever. It's great fun, and really under-rated.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
I seem to be saying this a lot lately, but pain on a woodie is all part of the fun; Wild Mouse at PBB being the obvious example.

For me, pain on a steel coaster usually comes from head bashing. The worst I've found so far was an old Arrow at Disneyland Hong Kong (Dragon) *shudders*.

I had never experienced pain, or even discomfort, on a flat until I went on the hideous dragon's claw thing at the Southend CF live last year. It holds you upside-down and spins in a circle and, for some reason, is just vile in ways I cannot express. I might actually have to go on it again, just to prove to myself it's as horrible as I remember!

bruceleroy90

Roller Poster
Shockwave at Six Flags Great America(defunct)
Iron Wolf(Six Flags Great America)
Mean Streak(Cedar Point)
Magnum XL 200(Cedar Point)

Cole_NE

Roller Poster
Wood: SFMM's Psyclone before it got torn down, or Ghost Rider
Steel: Circus Circus hotel's Arrow looper, forget the name

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Personally I don't understand the complaints about GhostRider, it is still one of my favorites. You just need to know how to ride it, pretty simple.

Racer at KI. It gave me bruised ribs...something Psyclone couldn't even do.

madhjsp

Giga Poster
Wood- The Hurlers at KD & Carowinds. They both suck.

Steel - Ninja @ SFOG is probably the worst I've been on.

D1993

Hyper Poster
Lethal Weapon at movieworld australia is a total bitch. it hurts like hell i had a headache the rest of the day and was so shocked that a roller coaster could do that to me :(
the bush beast at wonderland sydney was also crazy rough. The wood would shake like mad and it was like an earthquake was coming haha. i loved it as a kid though.
those are probably the worst that ive been on.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
went to flamingoland at the weekend and:

Mumbo jumbo was just plop! - no pace throughout, uncomfy, and not in the slightest bit enjoyable.

Corkscrew (which wasn't running last visit) - was rough, and that restraint with the extra padding was orrible - but it was 10 * more fun than jumbo ( I must be a glutton for punishment)!

mouse

Giga Poster
Submission at AT hurts with those restraints. :shock:
I also find flying fish at Thorpe to be fairly rough for such a slow coaster.

choluby

Roller Poster
Sonic Spinball at Alton.

What on earth were Alton/Maurer thinking when they installed a family ride that turned out to be a neck-breaker?!

I have been on Nemesis and Alton Towers say it is the most intense ride in the world but I think Sonic is way more intense!

I also love G-Force at Drayton - Lots of airtime, very smooth, beautiful inversions but they ruined it when they tried to suffocate with those restraints!

:fadein: :fadein: :fadein: :fadein: :fadein: :fadein: :fadein: :fadein: :fadein: :fadein: :fadein: :fadein: :fadein: :fadein: :fadein: :fadein: :fadein: :fadein: :fadein: :fadein: :fadein: :fadein: :fadein: :fadein: :fadein: :fadein: :fadein: :fadein: :fadein: :fadein: :fadein: :fadein: :fadein: :fadein: :fadein: :fadein:

dominoes

Mega Poster
^ Thank god someone thinks the same as me about G-Force. Everyone is like "Oh it is so rubbish, the lift hill is pointless, the airtime hill is rubbish", but I don't get how they think that...
I found Slammer at Thorpe Park really painfull. I went last Friday, and my shoulders still hurt...

steel

Mega Poster
Steel - Shockwave at KD. Just.... why? A close second would be T2 at SFKK. That felt like it was built by an 8-year-old. Dragon at Adventureland is another horrible one.

Wood - Villain at Geauga Lake. This was a coaster that looked like it had potential. Lots of big hills and big drops. Nope. Also had a pretty bad experience my first time on Voyage. It's always pissed me off a little when people are okay with Voyage being unbearably rough, but not other coasters (I really don't think Beast is that bad at all - bumpy, yes, but not rough, and definitely not unbearable). I sat in the third row and it jackhammered almost the whole time. It was better in the back row, but that first ride kept it out of my top few.