What's new

Most Painful Rollercoasters & Flat rides

valleyfair!

Hyper Poster
dropthefloor93 said:
how bad is Wild Thing?

and Gwazi doesnt even come close to ghostrider.
Wild Thing is actually quite smooth. Way better than Magnum in my opinion :wink:. Ghost Rider was closed when I was at Knott's last year and probably fortunate for me from what I hear.

(Is grammar too much to ask for in at least some of your posts?)

dropthefloor93

Hyper Poster
valleyfair! said:
dropthefloor93 said:
how bad is Wild Thing?

and Gwazi doesnt even come close to ghostrider.
Wild Thing is actually quite smooth. Way better than Magnum in my opinion :wink:. Ghost Rider was closed when I was at Knott's last year and probably fortunate for me from what I hear.

(Is grammar too much to ask for in at least some of your posts?)
Sorry lol. I'm really out of it because I was around kids from the projects all day so im not quite thinking straight. My grammar is normally fine (im a journalist... go figure)

Wild Thing's Morgan trains are probably much smoother than their Arrow counterparts. Magnum is rather rough compared to Steel Dragon and other rides.

Does anybody know if Fujiyama is a smooth ride? It looked like a rather smooth coaster, but it is togo after all. Togo hurts regardless.

Snoo

The Legend
Morgan isn't smoother simply because of the trains, but simply because Arrow sucked at designing rides.

Also.. your grammar on a forum isn't affected by hanging out with 'people from the projects' for a day or so. All we ask is simple grammar, something you just displayed, in your posts. Hell, even drunk I can post just fine.. shows the kinda life I have.. :lol:

dropthefloor93

Hyper Poster
SnooSnoo said:
Morgan isn't smoother simply because of the trains, but simply because Arrow sucked at designing rides.

Also.. your grammar on a forum isn't affected by hanging out with 'people from the projects' for a day or so. All we ask is simple grammar, something you just displayed, in your posts. Hell, even drunk I can post just fine.. shows the kinda life I have.. :lol:
Yes, it was a bad excuse. I don't terribly pay much attention, unless i play WoW (They kill me for bad grammar on that game) which i stopped recently. But I started doing reviews for the local newspaper and stuff, and I'm going to Southern Connecticut as a journalism major, so when I try my grammar is better.

Back to the topic.
Arrow HAD some good ideas, and Shilke was ambitious when he was designing their last few rides, but their concepts were way out of the ability of the designers, and the rides were engineered poorly. They tended to be rough and poorly heart-lined for the most part.
But we do have to give them credit for being the pioneers for alot of the modern rides. They paved the way for Morgan, Intamin, B&M, all of those companys. They built The Matterhorn, that was a major step for the industry. So before you bash Arrow for sucking at building rides, they set some major milestones, especially for hypercoasters. They did Magnum, Desperado, and The Big One.
They also built the worlds first suspended coasters. You can't forget X either, that was a pretty huge achievement.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Mean Streak... nothing else comes close out of what I have ridden.

Dislike brainshake tbh.

Beans

Hyper Poster
Mean Streak Cedar Point for Woodie, Mean Streak it has one!!

Speed at Oakwood gave me such a headaches it was unreal.

Error

Strata Poster
Wood: Mean Streak, Georgia Cyclone (I'm convinced it was a bad seat), and SoB

Steel: Vortex (KI), Big Dipper (MiA), and Ninja (SFoG)

Flats: Demon Drop (I loved it anyhow)

A

Anonymous

dropthefloor93 said:
Does anybody know if Fujiyama is a smooth ride? It looked like a rather smooth coaster, but it is togo after all. Togo hurts regardless.
Well Togos outside Japan might hurt, but all the Togo's I have ridden in Japan (about 20) are perfectly fine and smooth.

For the most painful bit, then I will say it again, Space 2000 at Gyeongju World is the worst POS ever!!

dropthefloor93

Hyper Poster
^^Error: I find those Intamin drop rides painful everywhere. your head feels like it will explode druring the drop, then you come to a bumpy slamming halt. Amazing ride nonetheless.

Snoo

The Legend
Well not really everywhere.. as there aren't many out there.. but it feels amazing until you hit the turn.. then FML FML FML. Still amazing airtime tho.

Jake

Strata Poster
Definately Volares. Unfortunately, I had to ride another today to get the cred, and they don't get any better...

Martyn B

CF Legend
Speed at Oakwood gave me such a headaches it was unreal.

Yeah I get that too. Its not rough, at all, but I always get a thumping head ache after a couple of rides!

Big Dipper is very painful, as well as front seat on t'Ulimate! (But its worth the pain :p)

I actually found cobra to be one of the smoothest intamins ive been on. I went on it about 7 times last time i visited. maybe it got worse its been 2 or 3 years since i went.

Well, my earrings might play a factor.. But the thing is, they never would have bled and hurt so much if my head wasn't constantly smashing off the restraints.

Amanolive

Roller Poster
Thunderhawk is pretty intense. I think my ear almost fell off after smashing into my sister so many times.

A

Anonymous

Wildcat at Lake Compounce. I sat in the back and hurt my neck bad. The next morning I was sore. :(