What's new

Most Painful Rollercoasters & Flat rides

Ethan

Strata Poster
*sheepishly raises hand*

I've had 2 rides on Nash and would not describe it as rough...

Admittedly both of those rides were back row, which I guess could have something to do with it what with wheel configurations and whatnot.
Were those rides which showcased its age? Yes.
Were those rides rough? No.
I rode on the back row too and it was an ordeal. I have ridden plenty of rough rides (all of Blackpool's are except Icon imo) but Grand National was just not enjoyable for us. Hard to enjoy airtime when you're genuinely concerned for the welfare of your vertebrae </3

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
I’d put all of the woodies at BPB down as ‘amusingly uncomfortable’. They are bad, but, it’s sort of the part of the deal… a crispy old woodie is going to be crispy.

The steel coasters are less tolerable. Infusion sucked the Big One and vice versa (…?).

Ethan

Strata Poster
Oh on the subject of the Big One, I rode that too... Can we talk about the first drop on the back row and how it objectively tries to murder you?

rob666

Hyper Poster
I managed a very rare walk on back seat in the dark on the Big One last Friday.
Combined with an Infusion front seat walk on, and a National front seat walk on, (it really was that quiet), I was pleased to break only one tooth overall.
Murder in the dark indeed.
Back for it all again this Friday, tooth now fixed.

Skyye

Mega Poster
The only overly painfull coaster i've experienced would the the boss, sfstl. I made the mistake of riding it twice in one day back in 2019, however I haven't visited since then mainly bc sfgam is superior so I don't know how it's running this year

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Wait, did someone bump this for RnR? Seriously?

Twister II gets some honorable mention - despite a "retrack" and lots of new wood on the coaster, it still claps out in the turns, and shuffles like all get out. Gratefully, the coaster only goes 14 MPH, so doesn't impair harm. :p

Villain and SoB still take top honors for most death and destruction. May their scattered remains never be brought together.

Skyye

Mega Poster
Ninja at six flags STL - the further back in the train the sooner you need a chiropractor.
I don't understand how people got rough rides on ninja tbh. It was only rough-ish last time I visited.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

hyde666

Roller Poster
I seriously thought I would end up unconscious from all of the pain I have experienced on Green Lantern at Six Flags Great Adventure. I was also scared, or, scarred, on Raptor at Cedar Point, both in my (the 2nd one is definitely unpopular) opinion excruciatingly horrible experiences from two great amusement parks. Not to mention, that awful Pinfari zyklon collecting dust at Morey's Piers. These three are the worst of the worst, along with some scrappy woods (Roar(SFA), Wildcat(HP), Grizzly(KD)... All are terrible, though not all woods aren't that bad- in fact the best coaster I have ever been on so far is a wood lol).

And yes, I have been on some Vekoma SLCs, which in my opinion aren't even that bad- I'm referring to Mind Eraser(SFA) and Great Nor'easter(Morey's Piers). We'll see if my opinion changes when I go to SFNE in a few weeks.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I seriously thought I would end up unconscious from all of the pain I have experienced on Green Lantern at Six Flags Great Adventure. I was also scared, or, scarred, on Raptor at Cedar Point, both in my (the 2nd one is definitely unpopular) opinion excruciatingly horrible experiences from two great amusement parks. Not to mention, that awful Pinfari zyklon collecting dust at Morey's Piers. These three are the worst of the worst, along with some scrappy woods (Roar(SFA), Wildcat(HP), Grizzly(KD)... All are terrible, though not all woods aren't that bad- in fact the best coaster I have ever been on so far is a wood lol).

And yes, I have been on some Vekoma SLCs, which in my opinion aren't even that bad- I'm referring to Mind Eraser(SFA) and Great Nor'easter(Morey's Piers). We'll see if my opinion changes when I go to SFNE in a few weeks.
Are you saying SLCs are smoother than Raptor?

giphy.gif

Bjprice

Roller Poster
I don't understand how people got rough rides on ninja tbh. It was only rough-ish last time I visited.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

I feel the further back you are, the faster you are pulled through transitions, especially corkscrew into helix and sidewinder, turning head into pinball against restraints.