What's new

Most ghetto-fab parks

Jake

Strata Poster
You know the parks I mean. They're absolute dumps, but don't try to be anything special.

I'm not talking about dumps such as Flamingo Land and Thorpe Park, who try to be amazing but are total dives, but the establishments which are shamelessly dumpy but fabulous regardless.

Some examples:

DelGrosso's in the United States - Such a dump that all they have to offer is a Reverchon and a Big Apple, but such a laugh when it comes to ghetto dark rides and flats.

In China, I wouldn't know where to start, but it has to be Chuanlord Holiday Manor. They have the scariest, most badly maintained coasters I've ever seen, as well as a fab dark ride where you shoot various endangered animals (such as Pandas <3), and also the 'Duck Circling' game:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=we1ioFS4Jjw[/youtube]

Another notable mention goes to the park in Beijing (Shimishanghaihgisuhsfuhflurg something) which have dodgy knockoffs of every ride you can think of, even Soarin'. Also, I can't imagine another park where you'd be able to see the park mascot outside the entrance having a fag break.

So, basically, which parks are so awful and dumpy to the point that they're great?

Colossus

Giga Poster
Fantasy Island, the place is a crap hole, they have 2 primary coasters which are operated on an hourly swap basis, that is if they are operating at all? That aside, the park itself and the town its in are completely dire, the park is a walk on park in which you pay for what you ride as opposed to paying park entry, obviously this means that any old person can just walk in to the park, the only problem with that is that Ingoldmells is riddled with chavs on holiday and other then the rides, the park also houses a tacky market and numerous tattoo parlors, basically a chav haven.
This place is a true dump, but i always seem to end up going there once a year due to it being close to where i live and obviously Odyssey.

Not too many people like Indiana Beach and it doesn't really try to be anything amazing, either. I actually love it though, despite the fact that it's obviously not as ghetto fabulous as ringing ducks.

A

Anonymous

Wonder Rakutenchi is a real ghetto place, but it's a hidden gem in the middle of nowhere Japan. Have loads of strange contraptions and the location is just awesome!!
Also their coaster have the slowest lift hill in the world...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwihSEibsOY[/youtube]
Even when running the video at double speed it's really slow :)

dropthefloor93

Hyper Poster
Quassay is pretty bad, as is the Boardwalk at santa cruz, but i must say that Lake Compounce druring the kennywood era takes the cake.

Jake

Strata Poster
furie said:
Ben said:
And Wicksteed <3

Wicksteed Ghetto? I love the place and I think it's actually good good :lol:

That's the point though! It's a great place, in a nice location, but the actual ride areas are pretty dumpy. Wicksteed is DEFO ghetto-fab <3 <3.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Parc Saint Paul in France is a dump. Horrible gravel pathways and ride areas, really soulless, rude staff and the rides are all bare. However, said rides are fab - the silly house thing, the self-propelled cred and the arseaching dinosaur log flume.

Crap on paper and in person, but for some reason a really great day out.

Ben

CF Legend
^Parc Saint Paul is totes ghetto fab.

That amazing sticks on a rail suspended coaster <3

The amazing Pax CREATIONS <3

The Drop Tower <3

So ghetto fabulous.

And yes, YES, Wicksteed is totally ghetto fabulous. We started the term, babes, we get to use it <3

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^He probably just hurt his limp wrist during the attempt to "throw" something other than a cocktail glass.

I can think of quite a few in Asia, but not so many over here to be honest; those just tend to fall into the "ghetto" category while missing out the "fabulous" aspect.

One that sticks out is Dam Sen Park in Vietnam. It's got a few awful Chinese knockoff coasters and a Crocodile Fishing attraction where you go out on a boat onto a lake filled with real crocodiles and torment them with meat hanging off sticks.