What's new

Most exciting coaster project for 2012?

Intricks

Strata Poster
CP has had several rumors, neweset being two small - medium coasters.

Im supremely excited about seeing the failure known as Skyrush be built not enjoyed due to extreme overhype and many a issue with the train :3

Dollywood, Port Aventura and Canadas Wonderland are top notch interests for me. Second would be Thorpe Park, Knotts Berry Farm and Sea World San Diego all look interesting with either construction or rumor.

Switching between the hideouts'...

Brett7710

Mega Poster
Snoo said:
You guys think that's rough? You need to get on more coasters. :p

I wouldn't say it's rough, but the trains are definatly not the most comfortable and I didn't experience any of this awesome airtime that I keep hearing about.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Personally most excited for TusenFryd's new project - they have stated that they want to make a "breaking" attraction every three years. It's been six years since SpeedMonster and three since SpinSpider now. No news as of today, though, but I've got a friend living at Vinterbro ready to take pictures and mail them over as soon as he spots something.

Other than that, there's a lot happening out in the world this year. I'm equally excited for most of it.

D1993

Hyper Poster
I really dont think CP will get a major coaster. Perhaps they can get something that doesnt take too long to contruct and that doesnt take up much room, for eg zacspins.
Otherwise the sound of them updating the waterpark alot sounds really great. They really need it.
As for Magnum I think it is way too rough. In comparison, yes there are many other worse coasters, but as a hyper coaster (and all the hype that surrounds it), you should be able to enjoy the speed, airtime and turns without being knocked side to side, crammed into an extremely small and uncomfortable ride and feel like God is standing beneath the track, whamming the bottom of the train to make it fly off. (im not talking about its supposed extreme airtime), but the major major bumps going up and down the hills (not over).

So yes, Magnum could definetly go, but as such a historic ride, neither the park or people will want it to go, so I think the best move would be to get new trains. Even if theres less capacity and more room to BREATHE thats fine! Plus when I went to CP, out of all the big thrill rides, it had one of the shortest waits. Less than wicked twister, raptor, mantis, and of course the big 3.

ugh anyways I ramble too much.
Most exciting thing for me in 2012 would be whatever the hell movieworld in australia is getting. (for me), because its the only thing that I will get to experience any time soon. haha
but really I would sa the CW project has me most excited, followed by PA

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Pokemaniac said:
Personally most excited for TusenFryd's new project - they have stated that they want to make a "breaking" attraction every three years. It's been six years since SpeedMonster and three since SpinSpider now. No news as of today, though, but I've got a friend living at Vinterbro ready to take pictures and mail them over as soon as he spots something.

Other than that, there's a lot happening out in the world this year. I'm equally excited for most of it.

Supporting this post. :)

I loved Tusenfryd. I don't actually know why, but I did :lol:

Anyway, I reckon they'll make a good choice with a new coaster and it's exciting for a small out of the way park to get a major new attraction, than a huge famous park probably getting some POS.

D1993

Hyper Poster
^ to be honest, I had no idea tusenfryd was getting something new!
obviously its a park lots of people dont hear about often. Good to see its getting another addition.

Snoo

The Legend
I'm still waiting for the rest of the announcements.. but so far SkyRush (the closest to me.. and one I'll hopefully be going to the Media Day for).. and Leviathan (the other one I hope to be going to) are my tops. Of course, as I noted before, Dollywood still hasn't announced it.

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster
Well everyone's Cedar Point speculation can end because the new attraction is Dinosaur's Alive.

As for me, the obvious choice is SkyRush. It appears much more innovative, thrilling, and basically just plain better than Leviathan, a Behemoth upgrade.

Intricks

Strata Poster
Well....that is **** gay and disappointing of them. Sigh... facepalm.jpg

Switching between the hideouts'...

Venom2053

Hyper Poster
I think i'm most excited for Leviathan at Canada's Wonderland its a big step for B&M and its making top 10 speed and height records and beating the Canadian records. Plus i live 45 minutes from it so i ll be riding it lots :)

Josh73

Giga Poster
Parc Asterix looks pretty rad, but Skyrush will be pretty cool too. There are a ton of new additions that are looking amazing. All in all, they all look pretty amazing(sorry for using a way too many alls).

Drawin

Roller Poster
I really can't wait for any of them, 2012 is going to be an AMAZING year for roller coasters. If I had to choose though, I'd say The Swarm just because it's probably going to be the only one I'll be able to ride next year. :)

TTDfan52

Mega Poster
I'm still excited for B&M's first giga, but now that more have been announced X-Flight, and the newer pics for Parc Asterix are looking awesome. Can't wait to find out what Dollywood has up their sleeves.

D1993

Hyper Poster
^ thats its gonna be awesome!
I think the ride is going to be really great!!
I cant wait to one day ride it!

Anyways back to the topic.
Leviathan is definetly the best thing in 2012 for me!
However, Port Aventura still needs to be announced and apparently there is something big for Mirabilandia coming.
And Busch Gardens still needs to announce Verbolten.
Leviathan will be the best IMO next year, however 2012 is FULL of MANY exciting rides and additions!

ava1enzue1a

Mega Poster
Most exciting? Agreeing with many, Leviathan for sure. Living about 5 hours from Canada's Wonderland... hoping to make it there for its opening season...!!!