What's new

Most exciting coaster project for 2012?

andrus

Giga Poster
There have already been announced a lot of coaster projects for next year, several of them looking really interesting! All from the vertical/multi-launch thing at BGW, the 20 million € project at Mirabilandia, the hypers at Hershey and Knott's, the GCI at Europa to the tallest B&M ever built at Port Aventura. 2012 is looking ace for us coaster enthusiasts! But which project excites you the most?

All the coasters mentioned above looks fab, but for me I'm still most excited for the wing rider coming to Dollywood! The whole wing rider concept intrigues me and I love Baco (even though it's a bumpy ride). This will be a huge ride, the biggest and most intense version of B&M yet! And ontop of all that it's going to be a terrain coaster too :--D I really love the look of Wildfire and hope that B&M can pull of something really epic at Dollywood in 2012!!

Kebab

Giga Poster
I agree, 2012 seems like a truly exciting year for rollercoasters! I'm most intrigued to see how Thorpe's new coaster turns out, it's great they're finally building another B&M, just wonder how it compares to everything else at the park. Thorpe just seems like a playground for extreme thrill rides, having a concept as unusual as this seems more fitting at Alton Towers. I can't wait to ride it, I have no doubt it'll be better than Saw and Th13teen.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
2012 really is the best year in a long time for new coasters - much looking forward to it.

As for the most exciting project for 2012, I'll have to wait and see for sure as a lot of projects are remaining very secretive at the moment, have been announced but with few details or are simply rumours.

Out of all those which have been fully announced/construction has begun/soon to begin, I'm most 'excited' about Asterix's new invert - it looks brilliant. Close behind is of course LC12 as it's a big project (and a B&M) within regular visiting distance. Europa's woody looks <3

Out of those rumoured/soon to be announced in more detail, I'm looking forward to hearing more facts about the Dollywood coaster and I hope that Port Aventura get the coaster that's been highly rumoured and speculated for a while. Canada's Wonderland project has spurred a bit of interest in me. Of course, out of all of them, PA seems the most likely I'll end up being actually able to go to next year followed by Europa, but still.

Exciting year or so ahead for us coaster nerds!

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Well, with so many of them being rumored still, and not seeing layouts, if they all come true, Dollywood is quite simply number 1, followed by 2 that have no rumors circulating about them besides for "get your ass here next year!" KBF, Parc Asterix, LC12, and then probably the GCI at Europa. It simply is way too early though to start the most excited part though since layouts haven't been released for virtually any of them.

Colossus

Giga Poster
Next year is going to be amazing, iam personally looking forward to the ones i know il be riding next year, Thorpes Wing rider, Mythos at Europa and the rumored B&M Inverter at Parc Asterix

Snoo

The Legend
Dollywood.

They haven't had a coaster they don't go balls to the wall with. I can't wait to see it.

michaellll

Mega Poster
I'm really looking forward to dollywood's wingrider like everyone else is saying, but I really think that hershey's mega is going to be an amazing addition as well. I'm really thinking this will be a top notch airtime machine.

Mega-lite + doubling the height = GREAT THINGS

D1993

Hyper Poster
hersheypark. addmitedly im most excited for this probably because out of all the parks getting new coasters, hershey is the only one i will be able to go to.
everything is looking pretty fantastic anyways.

Colossus

Giga Poster
Martyn B said:
and the rumored B&M Inverter at Parc Asterix

Maybe you should head over to the construction section? ;)

HA, The rumored B&M inverter thats ACTUALLY HALF BUILT!! lol Iam going to parc Asterix on September so you would think i would about the construction of a new coaster there :?: lol.
Nice pictures by the way, i love the colours.

Brett7710

Mega Poster
Hershey's Skyrush is looking most impressive so far, but that might just be because at this stage I haven't been able to find enough info on the new coasters at Canada's Wonderland, Port Aventura or Knott's Berry Farm.
I'm a bit dissapointed to hear that the new Busch Gardens Europe coaster won't be made by Intamin. Looking at Intamins recent track record it would have almost certainly been a great ride (if they didn't add trims to it within the first year.) Zierer may still make an impressive ride, but it's hard to say at this stage since they've only really made 1 high thrill coaster so far.

Brett7710

Mega Poster
I'm sure a few of you will have already seen this, but Cedar Point just posted this through Facebook

'In just one week, the wait is over! Check back here for 2012 news!'

I wasn't even aware they had hinted at anything for next year, but I guess we'll all know soon enough.
Heres me hoping that Magnum, Gemini or Cedar Creek Mine Ride will be replaced.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I'd go with Dollywood, especially as it still carries a cloud of "mystery" that has already been unveiled with other projects. CW has also been interesting to follow.

tribar

Mega Poster
Brett7710 said:
I'm sure a few of you will have already seen this, but Cedar Point just posted this through Facebook

I wasn't even aware they had hinted at anything for next year, but I guess we'll all know soon enough.

Why?? Magnum and Gemini are such great rides. As for Mine Ride that coaster can kiss my a**

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Brett7710 said:

It won't be a roller coaster - rumors are pointing towards a new set of water slides for Soak City.

Brett7710

Mega Poster
tribar said:
Why?? Magnum and Gemini are such great rides.
I honestly don't think Magnum is as good as a lot of people make out. Compared to other Arrow Hypers it may well be one of the best, but at the side of B&M hypers of recent years I don't think there's any comparison. I think it would be a good move if they tore it down and replaced it with a modern counterpart, not that i can see it happening in the near future.

As for Gemini, I just didnt enjoy the ride at all, it's uncomfortable, the banking is very sudden towards the end of the ride and it just didn't thrill me. In a park with as many quality coasters as Cedar Point does, there are always going to be one or two that just don't seem as good, even if they would go down well in other parks, but despite that I still think they could install something much better than Gemini.

Brett7710

Mega Poster
Hyde244 said:
It won't be a roller coaster - rumors are pointing towards a new set of water slides for Soak City.
That's fair enough, in a way i'm kind of glad they're not building another coaster for now, there are way more coasters being built per year than I can keep track of, let alone visit!

When I visited CP last year I didn't go in Soak City, but looking at it from Magnum it did look like it needed updating, especially when comparing it to many of the major waterparks in the US.

TTDfan52

Mega Poster
tribar said:
Why?? Magnum and Gemini are such great rides. As for Mine Ride that coaster can kiss my a**

I agree Gemini is good, but Magnum is so rough I couldn't enjoy the ride.