What's new

Most Disappointing Ride

A

Anonymous

Dark Knight. I first heard about it, then i thought, It's Batman, so it has to be great. But then I found out it was a wild mouse. :(

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Millennium Force, Raging Bull, Terminator Salvations.

MF was just nothing to me. Sure I enjoyed it, but it is not that great truthfully. I like force with my coasters, and it had none! The height was cool, but it is not a top coaster in the world. Goliath at SFMM is much MUCH better!

Raging Bull. One word, Trim. Killed everything epic that ride could have been.

Terminator Salvations is a mediocre coaster at best. It's not that thrilling, the layout is boring and it did nothing.

Phewey

Roller Poster
I'd say Indiana Jones at Disneyland Paris. I was looking forward to riding it and in the end i was like:''Is that an Intamin coaster?". Really short and without airtime...

wolverinechris

Mega Poster
I couldn't come up with any in particular, but then CF's banner reminded me...

Goliath at Walibi World. It looks really excellent, and has been pretty highly rated. Don't get me wrong, it's definitely a fun ride, but I had rather high expectations for it that just weren't met.

Raging Bull!

Seriously, I actually knew the thing was gonna suck, and then I rode it, and I was like, man, this this sucks even WORSE than I thought it would suck. I mean, it was worse in the front, but the back still wasn't very good.

Roody Poo

Roller Poster
The most disappointing coaster is definitely Shivering Timbers.
Thanks to Marc (RollerDude) with all his hype I expected it to be good and it failed.

That's what we get for being in Michigan.

Taylor if you knew raging Bull would suck why did you make it you're 100th coaster?

jokerman

Giga Poster
I've got to say SAW, because after waiting all day for it to be open, it was terrible, and it gave me a headache.

Naemuti

Mega Poster
The Dark Knight. The pre-show was nothing short of bizarre and incomprehensible, the effects in the line were cheesy, the theming was lame, the ride was rough and had nothing good besides one medium-sized pop of air near the end, and overall, I'd rather ride Skull Mountain. It had some thrills at least.

Mr Nash

Hyper Poster
Furius Baco.

Although not a fan of launches,I was hoping this would deliver something.

But anything it had,was taken away by it's vicious nature. :lol:

A

Anonymous

Genuinely disappointed with Nemesis on my first go, but have grown to like it. I'm not sure how anybody can not have been disappointed with X:/ and, though SAW is a good ride, is was massively over-hyped. :shock:

Darren B

Giga Poster
easily the most dissapointing ride for me is no way out at thorpe park, as soon as you build up a little speed or exitement you stop! and that happens far to many times for me, and it makes you feel as sick as a parrot! awful theming adds to what has to be one of the worst coasters in britain.

A

Anonymous

The Grand National at Blackpool.

I went on with my brother and we were both expecting a pretty fun ride. But we both thought it was painful throughout and neither of us really had *Anything* good to say about it. IMO it was a total 0/10 coaster :(

But I'd still give it another chance, just because of how a lot of people rate it as being a great ride.

STC

Mega Poster
I would say Superman: The Escape. I dunno how anyone could make a 100mph launch and an over 300ft climb and drop boring but somehow Intamin managed it. The launch just feels like speeding up in a car...

Restraintsfelloff said:
The Grand National at Blackpool.

I went on with my brother and we were both expecting a pretty fun ride. But we both thought it was painful throughout and neither of us really had *Anything* good to say about it. IMO it was a total 0/10 coaster :(

But I'd still give it another chance, just because of how a lot of people rate it as being a great ride.
I'm so tempted to feed the troll right now but I won't... :p

Air_Dan said:
Genuinely disappointed with Nemesis on my first go, but have grown to like it. I'm not sure how anybody can not have been disappointed with X:/ and, though SAW is a good ride, is was massively over-hyped. :shock:
I thought the opposite about SAW actually, better than everyone keeps saying, and hardly rough at all. A pleasant surprise.

Jake

Strata Poster
^ Are you kidding? I thought terminator was amazing! Which shocked, as I was expecting your average slow small woodie. Granted, it dies a bit on the last turn, but most of the ride is uber fast paced, and I found myself not knowing where the train was heading next.

I was dissapointed with Revolution at SFMM. I expected an awsome Schwarzkopf coaster, but instead got my ears bashed in and not much else.